Senior 3D Motion Designer - Product Campaigns
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees working globally across office and remote locations, with a culture geared toward innovation, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Cash App operates. No matter the location, we tailor our experience to ensure our employees are creative, productive, and happy.
Check out our locations, benefits, and more at cash.app/careers!
The Cash App Brand Creative team works at the intersection of marketing, design, and culture to concept and execute on brand & product marketing campaigns, stories, and experiences with the highest level of craft. Our team consists of incredibly talented creative directors, art directors, animators, designers, and copywriters.
As a Senior 3D Motion Designer, you'll be at the forefront of creating innovative product marketing campaigns and experiences. You'll work closely with a small team of talented creative directors, producers, copywriters, and designers to bring inventive concepts to life. Your technical expertise, storytelling abilities, and eye for aesthetics will help the team transform our product offerings into visually stunning and captivating creations. You'll guide your teammates through the design process of your craft, articulate your point of view, and expertly incorporate feedback from stakeholders to create truly innovative solutions. You can distill creative feedback, and always find ways to level up the work - maintaining high quality work. In this role, you'll report directly to our 3D Motion Lead, and contribute to pushing our brand forward.
- Work on product campaigns and experiences from ideation and design, to animation and execution.
- Translate product offerings and value props into purposeful concepts and creative visual metaphors.
- Create styleframes and iterate on look-dev, that align with our brand.
- Deliver visual and motion treatments for our various channels.
- Elevate brand aesthetics while supporting overall brand direction.
- Collaborate with your teammates and cross functional partners across Cash App, guaranteeing an integrated product campaign experience.
- 6+ years of agency, studio, or freelance experience.
- A portfolio of work that displays proficiency in design, animation, storytelling.
- Proficiency with Cinema 4D, Redshift, and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Knowledge of Octane, Nuke, Houdini, or X Particles is a plus.
- Comfortability compositing in After Effects and Redshift AOV’s.
- Knowledge of ACES compositing workflow is a plus.
- Experience working on all parts of the production pipeline.
- Ideating & Concepting.
- Designing & Iterating.
- Animating & Compositing.
- Strong organizational, communicative, and collaborative skills.
- Great problem-solving skills and the ability to do self-directed learning.
- Experience working with a variety of cross-functional partners and distilling feedback.
- Familiarity with both new and traditional brand channels and media.
- Understanding of performance-based marketing strategies is a plus.
For consideration, please submit a portfolio of work with your application and provide the password, if necessary to view your work.
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $202,500 - USD $247,500
Zone B: USD $192,400 - USD $235,200
Zone C: USD $182,300 - USD $222,800
Zone D: USD $172,200 - USD $210,400
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace.
Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Learn more about our efforts to promote inclusion and diversity at block.xyz/inclusion
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.