Senior Software Engineer, Enterprise Engineering
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to help build the best possible experience for the engineering solutions we develop. You will work closely with designers, product managers, and engineers to deliver solutions that maximize UX, accessibility, and performance.
As a Software Engineer within the Enterprise Engineering team, your goal will be to develop innovative solutions to solve problems for our business teams. As a member of this team, you will be responsible for the creation of technical designs and requirements as well as the implementation of new features and systems.
- Work on internal facing applications and services that fulfill niche functional requirements for our partner teams.
- Take ownership over the technical direction and long-term health of our team's applications/services and work on all parts of the stack.
- Work with other teams to understand user needs and contribute in designing and delivering solutions to solve complex business problems.
- Write concise, well-organized code and sensible tests following best practices.
- Create and maintain technical systems documentation.
- Exemplifies and upholds software engineering standards within the team.
- 5+ years of software engineering experience developing scalable production software incorporating testing, evaluation, and monitoring.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- Proficient in one of GoLang, Ruby or Java
- Experience working with MySQL and Snowflake.
- Experience in UI frameworks like React, Ember, Angular etc.
- Experience building and deploying applications in a cloud ecosystem, e.g. AWS, GCP.
- A desire to teach, improve, and otherwise force multiply the strengths of the engineers that surround you.
Technologies We Use
- GoLang, Ruby, Rails
- Snowflake, MySQL, BigQuery
- AWS, GCP, Docker
- DataDog, Sentry, SignalFx, Prometheus
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $167,300 - USD $204,500
Zone B: USD $158,900 - USD $194,300
Zone C: USD $150,600 - USD $184,000
Zone D: USD $142,200 - USD $173,800
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace.
Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Learn more about our efforts to promote inclusion and diversity at block.xyz/inclusion
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.