Customer Success Advocate, Ecommerce
Since we opened our doors in 2009, the world of commerce has evolved immensely, and so has Square. After enabling anyone to take payments and never miss a sale, we saw sellers stymied by disparate, outmoded products and tools that wouldn’t work together.
To solve this problem, we expanded into software and built integrated solutions to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. Across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow in one place. Afterpay furthers our goal to provide omnichannel tools that unlock meaningful value and growth, enabling sellers to capture the next generation shopper, increase order sizes, and compete at a larger scale.
Today, we are a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex operations, sellers just starting, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers grow, so do our solutions. There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a significant, meaningful, and lasting business, and we are helping sellers worldwide do the same.
Would you like to learn about how technology helps small businesses become more successful? Square is looking for stellar individuals to join our growing Customer Success Advocate (E-Commerce) team. You’ll help our customers achieve their goals with their sites over the phone, via online chat and email while delivering top notch service. As a Customer Success Advocate, you are involved in all aspects of customer service and have a direct impact on our customers and their emerging websites.
- Deliver an elevated customer experience while providing technical support via phone, email or chat
- Spend the majority of your day (90%) talking to our customers over the phone & through chat or email tickets meeting the team’s Service Level Agreements in a timely & professional manner
- Provide creative solutions to questions, complaints, or concerns with knowledge of Square eCommerce tools and services.
- Utilize multiple resources and internal tools to provide advanced support.
- Understand the needs of our sellers by assisting and supporting technical and business requests.
- Offer and sell additional products and services that help our customers reach their goals. This includes, but is not limited to: launching a new website, accepting orders online, adding online payments, integrations, and more!
- Deliver value to the company through customer conversion, retention, and cross selling of our products
- 1+ years of support experience with phone, online chat, and email platforms
- Experience working in a remote environment
- Technical knowledge with internet technology, website creation, and products
- Experience with Ecommerce (payment security, risk management, and cross-product integration) and marketing
- Sales experience with online products and services
- Experience in multi channel customer support
- Ability to type at least 40 WPM
- Ability and desire to as many customers as possible each day
**Candidates must be located within 50 miles of an eligible Square office (St.Louis, Atlanta, Scottsdale)
This position does require a schedule open to working evenings, weekends and/or holidays. The E-Comm team operates 7 days a week between the hours of 6am cst to 8pm cst. Flexibility to work with in these hours is required for consideration.
As a Customer Success Advocate (CSA), you are required to maintain reliable and consistent home internet connection for eligibility to work from home (remote work). An ethernet connection is required; cable/DSL/fiber is preferred; hotspots are not preferred. Advocates are expected to have consistent network performance and the ability to effectively troubleshoot tech issues (with the assistance of Block IT).
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on the candidate's work location and may be may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $30.63
Zone B: USD $27.50
Zone C: USD $24.71
Zone D: USD $22.88
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace.
Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Learn more about our efforts to promote inclusion and diversity at block.xyz/inclusion
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.