WalkMe Technical Writer, Customer Success
- Alternate Location: Scottsdale, United States
To solve this problem, we expanded into software and built integrated solutions to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. Across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow in one place. Afterpay furthers our goal to provide omnichannel tools that unlock meaningful value and growth, enabling sellers to capture the next generation shopper, increase order sizes, and compete at a larger scale.
Today, we are a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex operations, sellers just starting, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers grow, so do our solutions. There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a significant, meaningful, and lasting business, and we are helping sellers worldwide do the same.
As a Technical Writer with a background in WalkMe, you'll join a growing content operations team and create dynamic standard operating procedures, policies, and performance support guides.
You'll work on multiple and initiatives and have a hand in all parts of the content lifecycle: from analysis and production to management and deployment. Further, you'll work on semantic solutions to complex problems across all of our content channels.
- Build, publish, monitor, and maintain all WalkMe content
- Problem solve technical issues using knowledge of HTML/CSS/jQuery
- Provide insights on the roadmap and implementation of Walkme content based on input from stakeholders, customers, and your professional experience
- Establish content standards and best practices for WalkMe content
- Be a subject matter expert on Digital Adoption and the Walkme software application
- Analyze user behavior to identify gaps and inefficiencies
- Report monthly on digital adoption metrics and Return on investment
- Help plan, prepare, deliver, and maintain WalkMe onboarding materials
Policies and Procedures:
- Distill complex financial and technical concepts into easily digestible documentation for internal audiences
- Author, edit, clarify, and compose high-quality policies and procedures
- Anticipate and understand user obstacles through regular communication and have a thoughtful mindset for resolving those obstacles
- Comply with preset standards on language, writing style, structure, and format
- Work with partners across the enterprise to gain insights on how information is consumed by a global audience, and then determine efficient ways to present and deliver such information across markets in multiple languages
- Support integration of taxonomies and ontologies to solve KMT challenges
- Analyze content and data sources to discover the core components and relationships for our business domain
- Collaborate with stakeholders to document project scope, deliverables, goals, risks, blockers, success measures, and resources needed
- Ensure that projects remain in scope and meet scheduling, deadline, and quality requirements
- 3+ years of experience with WalkMe software required
- 3 + years of technical writing experience required
- Bachelor's Degree in Journalism, English, Technical Communication, Computer Science, Library and Information Science or related field required
- An advanced degree or certification in Technical Communication and/or Project Management is preferred
- WalkMe Builder certification is preferred
- Experience designing and managing taxonomies, thesauri, and/or ontologies a plus
- Digital Adoption (WalkMe)
- Technical writing
- Topic-based authoring
- HTML/CSS/JQuery (up to 1.8.3)
- User experience
- User research
- Project management (capacity planning, scoping, prioritization, risk management, change management)
- Knowledge management
- Analytics and reporting
- Finance technology
- Information architecture
- Content localization/globalization
- Google Suite
- Data visualization
- Stakeholder management
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $114,200 - USD $139,600
Zone B: USD $108,500 - USD $132,700
Zone C: USD $102,800 - USD $125,600
Zone D: USD $97,100 - USD $118,700
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
US and Canada EEOC Statement
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.