The Corporate Accounting team is a critical part of the company’s month-end close process. Block is hiring an Accountant who will be an integral part of our growing team. The ideal candidate will be highly analytical and able to work in a collaborative and fast-paced environment.
- Prepare month-end journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, and supporting schedules
- Perform actual vs actual account analyses and present findings to the CAO and other senior leadership
- Collaborate with various departments on accruals and other monthly close areas
- Continuously improve business processes, systems, and documentation as part of SOX readiness and testing
- Support quarterly reviews and annual audits performed by external auditors
- Drive change in the organization through participation in special projects and ad hoc analyses
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- 1+ years of Public Accounting or Industry experience
- Previous role(s) should include audit or corporate accounting
- Passion for Square. Strong interest in technology / knowledge of the industry
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Experience with BlackLine a plus
- Experience with Oracle Cloud or other ERP systems a plus
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $78,000 - USD $95,400
Zone B: USD $75,200 - USD $88,700
Zone C: USD $66,300 - USD $81,100
Zone D: USD $58,500 - USD $71,500
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
US and Canada EEOC Statement
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.