Bitcoin Investigations Analyst
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees working globally across office and remote locations, with a culture geared toward innovation, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Cash App operates. No matter the location, we tailor our experience to ensure our employees are creative, productive, and happy.
Check out our locations, benefits, and more at cash.app/careers!
The Bitcoin Investigations team at Cash App actively monitors for potential money laundering, fraud, and other suspicious activity across the Cash App platform involving bitcoin. Cash App is looking for a Bitcoin Investigations Analyst to help conduct deep-dive investigations, analyzing transaction activity and trends involving potential financial crimes, and drafting Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs).
- Monitor and act upon compliance-related bitcoin escalations and referrals.
- Investigate and document incidents of potential money laundering, fraud, terrorist financing, and other illicit activities involving bitcoin across the Cash App platform.
- Write and review Suspicious Activity Reports to be transmitted to FinCEN and applicable agencies.
- Keep up with regulatory updates and assist in identifying new trends and evolving AML typologies.
- Contribute to projects optimizing the regulatory program and operation team’s processes.
- Work in collaboration with Customer Support, Risk, Engineering, and other operational teams within Cash App .
- 1+ years experience investigating unusual bitcoin or other digital currency activity relating to payments and peer-to-peer transmissions from a BSA/AML compliance perspective
- 2+ years experience in BSA/AML/Compliance or Fraud/Risk related work, preferably in a financial institution or related FinTech payments space
- Knowledge and familiarity with Chainalysis and Elliptic
- Deep understanding and comprehension of bitcoin and/or other digital currencies, and blockchain analysis
- BA/BS degree or equivalent professional experience
- Strong investigative skills, including familiarity with public record research and database tools
- Knowledge in AML transaction monitoring/suspicious activity reporting typologies and risks in regards to bitcoin, funds transfers/ p2p payments, equities, and digital currencies
- Demonstrated transaction analysis skills that apply across numerous financial products in complex scenarios
- Familiarity with relevant AML laws and regulations as well as industry best practices
- Excellent written communication skills that demonstrate attention to detail and accuracy
- An ability to handle sensitive directives and work with team members and stakeholders of all levels
- An ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adjust quickly
- Experience using G-Suite and collaborative tools
- Passion for Block Inc., Cash App, and a strong interest in bitcoin
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $94,400 - USD $115,400
Zone B: USD $87,800 - USD $107,400
Zone C: USD $80,300 - USD $98,100
Zone D: USD $70,800 - USD $86,600
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace.
Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Learn more about our efforts to promote inclusion and diversity at block.xyz/inclusion
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.