Account Executive, SMB
To solve this problem, we expanded into software and built integrated solutions to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. Across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow in one place. Afterpay furthers our goal to provide omnichannel tools that unlock meaningful value and growth, enabling sellers to capture the next generation shopper, increase order sizes, and compete at a larger scale.
Today, we are a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex operations, sellers just starting, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers grow, so do our solutions. There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a significant, meaningful, and lasting business, and we are helping sellers worldwide do the same.
The Square Australia Sales team is looking for an Account Executive to join our growing team. You will be a brand ambassador for Square Australia and will help find opportunities for Square to help Australian businesses grow. You’ll use insights and deep Square product knowledge to educate and support sellers, understanding how our ecosystem of products can fit different types of businesses. You will work with Square sellers of all sizes, from small family run businesses to larger strategic partnerships, and will report to the Sales Manager, Australia.
- Connect with Australian customers by email and phone, quickly establishing trust and building value
- Prioritise your pipeline daily for maximum efficiency
- Understand complex requirements and help create custom solutions
- Work with Australian and global Square Sales, Marketing, Product and Partnership teams
- Maintain current knowledge of the global Square product ecosystem and how this may help large value Australian customers to further grow their businesses
- Create a great first impression for prospective Square merchants by using storytelling, case studies and other materials to inspire them about how Square could benefit their businesses
- Represent Square and our product ecosystem in theAustralian market
- Develop commercially sound business cases across a wide variety of use-cases
- Keep up-to-date with the latest business, industry and product trends
- Maintain current understanding of Australian and global Square sales processes
- Maintain accurate sales data and documentation by using tools including Salesforce
- Experience in an sales position achieving quarterly goals
- Passion for technology and the industry Square operates in
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
- Experience assessing business opportunities and reading prospective buyers
- The ability to gather support from internal experts and external partners to position Square in the market
- Genuine curiosity about people and business, and the ability to inspire passion in others
- An interest in implementing feedback, and improving your sales abilities
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.