Head of Compliance & MLRO, Bermuda
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees working globally across office and remote locations, with a culture geared toward innovation, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Cash App operates. No matter the location, we tailor our experience to ensure our employees are creative, productive, and happy.
Check out our locations, benefits, and more at cash.app/careers.
Cash App is seeking a Compliance Officer (CO)/Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO) in Bermuda to lead all compliance management activities relating to anti-money laundering and terrorist financing risk, reporting to the Head of Compliance, Cash App. As an integrated part of Cash's global Compliance team, you will leverage the broader organization to embed a compliance culture locally, and design a compliance framework that meets local, national, or cross-border laws, rules, regulations, and internal policies and procedures.
You will direct all compliance related activities related to the Bermuda entity, including the oversight of all applicable compliance policies and programs, working with regulators, and provide strategic guidance on all programs. You will solve challenging business problems, improve processes, and lead meaningful change.
This role must be based in Bermuda.
- Provide strategic insights, guidance, and decisions on compliance matters to protect our company, products, and customers
- Develop policy and operational procedures reflecting business and regulatory requirements
- Evaluate our processes to identify compliance risks and implement actions to address them
- Build and advocate for product compliance requirements
- Maintain and scale compliance programs
- Lead independent assessments related to Cash App's different compliance programs
- Represent the voice of compliance with important internal partners including senior and executive managers along with board of directors
- Be the primary compliance contact for local regulators and external partners
- 10+ years of proven and progressive experience in a senior compliance management role
- Experience or knowledge of virtual currencies, including stablecoins
- Direct understanding of Bermudan anti-money laundering and anti-terrorist financing (AML/ATF) regulations
- Experience working with products from a conceptual idea to a full public launch
- Tactical experience on how to manage independent audits and regulatory examinations
- Experience managing and strengthening compliance programs, even better if you have built one from step zero
- Experience with compliance in international markets
- Knowledge on how to navigate the payments or financial technology space
- Impeccable ethical standards
- Ability to build strong working relationships with remote teams
The expected deadline to apply for this position is 10 August 2023; however, this deadline may be extended if a candidate is not selected in that timeframe.
The successful candidate will be employed by: Cash App World, Ltd. at: Canon’s Court, 22 Victoria Street Hamilton, HM 12 Bermuda. Contact phone number: (415) 375-3176.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.