Senior Data Analyst
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees working globally across office and remote locations, with a culture geared toward innovation, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Cash App operates. No matter the location, we tailor our experience to ensure our employees are creative, productive, and happy.
Check out our locations, benefits, and more at cash.app/careers!
We are a team of data analysts that partner closely with product, engineering and Operations to track and analyse our customers interactions and performance with our customer service team. We dive into the data to deliver material outcomes to our revenue. We are looking for a data analyst who has a natural ability to see trends and a curiosity to look for the drivers.
- Work closely with the Operations leads to understand their business insights needs
- Design and conduct analyses and reports to provide insights at scale that support growth and profitability strategies
- Develop a formalised process to identify, analyse, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets, empower informed decision making for stakeholders
- Improve the efficiency of the Operations team through targeted training based on performance and assist workforce management
- Isolate, identify and communicate data issues and own data quality for the analyses and reports produced
You will have:
- 5+ years experience in Data Science / Analytics
- Quantitative background in statistics, mathematics, computer science, business/commerce or related disciplines
- Strong ability in Python or SQL (or both)
- Strong problem solving and analytics skills
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Experience with a data visualisation tool (e.g. Tableau, Looker)
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace.
Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Learn more about our efforts to promote inclusion and diversity at block.xyz/inclusion
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.