Senior Data Analyst, Cash App Compliance
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees working globally across office and remote locations, with a culture geared toward innovation, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Cash App operates. No matter the location, we tailor our experience to ensure our employees are creative, productive, and happy.
Check out our locations, benefits, and more at cash.app/careers!
The Senior Data Analyst will join the analytics team - Cash App Compliance Analytics - chartered to transform us into a data-driven Compliance organization. You will help deliver applicable analytics to leaders throughout the Cash App business. Focused on quantifying compliance risks, you will allow Cash App to change the financial services industry. Reporting into the Analytics Manager of Cash App Compliance, you will partner with Product, Growth, Data Science and Engineering.
- Build databases, design dashboards, and define metrics to support scale, analyze risks, and provide easily understood reports for operational teams and senior management
- Lead special projects working with compliance and different teams to diagnose complex problems and develop compelling, data-driven recommendations
- Uncover relevant insights on topics affecting compliance, including: new risks, compliance operating effectiveness, risk tolerance, product launches and usage, important performance and risk indicators
- Harness raw data to help partners understand the impact of new regulation, policies, or environmental changes to our compliance program and the Cash App platform
- Collaborate with partners from engineering to customer experience to inform strategic builds of essential compliance program elements
- Communicate insights to important partners and influence teams to take action based on your recommendations
- 7+ years of related experience
- Expert level abilities in SQL and data analysis/visualization tools (i.e. Tableau, Looker)
- Experience using data to solve complex, ambiguous problems
- Vision to define problems and manage projects in a fast-paced, evolving organization
- Experience bringing data to life for any audience through written and verbal communication and data visualization.
- Experience delivering quality in reports and data analysis
Even Better but (not required):
- Experience in the FinTech industry or with financial crimes compliance systems, technologies and processes.
- Experience with model building, ETL development and automation using Python, R or Airflow
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $167,300 - USD $204,500
Zone B: USD $155,600 - USD $190,200
Zone C: USD $147,200 - USD $180,000
Zone D: USD $138,900 - USD $169,700
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace.
Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Learn more about our efforts to promote inclusion and diversity at block.xyz/inclusion
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.