Compliance Lead, KYC/AML - Cash App
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees working globally across office and remote locations, with a culture geared toward innovation, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Cash App operates. No matter the location, we tailor our experience to ensure our employees are creative, productive, and happy.
Check out our locations, benefits, and more at cash.app/careers!
We are looking for a Lead Compliance Program Manager to join Cash App and support the continued build out of our Customer Onboarding and Management (COM) program. Our mission is to make banking and financial services accessible to the underserved and unbanked by designing and implementing an outstanding compliance program to help grow the Cash App business while protecting the broader financial ecosystem and the Company.
In this role, reporting to our Counsel for Cash App Compliance, you will support the Compliance team by contributing to the design and effectiveness of preventative and detective measures to enable proper detection and ongoing review as part of COM programs. You will collaborate with Compliance ops leads, legal, product managers, and other relevant stakeholders to ensure our program complies with all applicable laws and regulations across jurisdictions and has the infrastructure to execute efficiently. You will demonstrate excellent regulatory, process and systems design, data analytics, and documentation abilities.
This role can sit in any US Cash App office or be full-time remote from any US state.
- Drive the overall strategy and program development for global partner/agent compliance program reviews, investigations, and execution vendor/agent compliance support duties
- Establish and maintain operational processes and procedures to ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations and industry best practices
- Contribute to the build of tactical and scalable solutions for operational teams to manage compliance tasks and risks as it relates to the vendor/agent oversight program
- Build and manage a field team in the AML Compliance department
- Supervise a team responsible for performing vendor/agent compliance program onboarding and ongoing due diligence
- Provide oversight and management of outsourced operations within your function
- Contribute to the design of the KYC, Sanctions, and customer monitoring systems and framework making sure we maintain the highest standards for regulatory requirements while maintaining efficiency
- Analyze trends and patterns in alerts, dispositions, together with other Compliance functions, including Analytics, Machine Learning teams, and the Program Management team, to develop risk mitigation and detection
- Work with our technical teams to understand and design analytical methodologies and potential monitoring scenarios for risk mitigation
- Manage SLAs and deadlines to develop and meet KPIs, KRIs, goals and internal benchmarks using metrics and data to underlie assessments and decision-making
- 6+ years of experience in senior Compliance and AML roles
- 5+ years in people management
- Experience managing large clients and cross functional Compliance/Business interaction
- Experience with blockchain and/or virtual currency, latest financial technology, and traditional financial services environments
- Experience with international remittances products and services
- Relevant industry certifications (CAMS, CFE, CFCS, CRCM)
- Experience with SQL and/or Looker
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $125,600 - USD $153,600
Zone B: USD $116,800 - USD $142,800
Zone C: USD $110,500 - USD $135,100
Zone D: USD $100,500 - USD $122,900
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace.
Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Learn more about our efforts to promote inclusion and diversity at block.xyz/inclusion
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.