Senior Software Engineer - Card Lifecycle
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees working globally across office and remote locations, with a culture geared toward innovation, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Cash App operates. No matter the location, we tailor our experience to ensure our employees are creative, productive, and happy.
Check out our locations, benefits, and more at cash.app/careers!
Cash App is a mobile-first bank that ranks in the top 8 most popular apps in the US app store (up with Twitter and Instagram) with a rapidly growing user base and feature set (soon to launch in AU). The Cash Engineering Team here in Australia are responsible for building and maintaining the systems that make it all work.
Cash App’s Financial Platform team is responsible for building systems that power products built by Cash App. We build deep integrations with underlying financial networks and ensure that our products are able to scale.
Card Lifecycle is an engineering team within Financial Platform. Our mission this year is to build a card lifecycle platform as the single source of truth for card management. We are building new services in the cloud and moving the functionality from monolith service in the data center.
- Architect, build and maintain services and databases
- Own features and functions throughout their lifecycle from inception, rollout, launch, scale and iteration
- Influence the technical direction of the technology stack
- Partner closely with Business and Operations Leads and contribute to team roadmap discussions and planning
- Lift the skills and expertise of others on the team as a technical leader
- 6+ years working on complex systems and delivering quality software
- Well-developed curiosity and enjoy building creative solutions to complex problems
- Worked on systems where data consistency and availability is required
- Taken technical initiative on previous projects
- A vested interest in advancing Cash App's vision of building for economic empowerment
Technologies we use and teach:
- Java 11 including JUnit, Hibernate, Guice, and Jersey
- HTTP, JSON, gRPC, and Protocol Buffers
- Amazon Web Services
- Event driven architecture
- Feature Engineering for Machine Learning
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace.
Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Learn more about our efforts to promote inclusion and diversity at block.xyz/inclusion
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.