Product Designer – Merchant Experience
- Alternate Location: Melbourne, Australia
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees working globally across office and remote locations, with a culture geared toward innovation, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Cash App operates. No matter the location, we tailor our experience to ensure our employees are creative, productive, and happy.
Check out our locations, benefits, and more at cash.app/careers!
We are looking for a Product Designer to join the Merchant Product design team. Our team is trusted with delivering merchant products and experiences that help create a more equitable economy for all.
You will work on projects from problem to pixel. You will be given the opportunity to own impactful projects, develop your craft and evolve your career as a product design professional.
Our product designers take a product, feature, or experience from problem to production. This includes vision setting, designing solutions, prototyping, overseeing implementation, and collaborating with other designers, researchers, writers, product managers, analysts, and engineers.
You’ll be instrumental for building a new wave of platform products spanning across Square, Cash App and Afterpay with a highly supportive team. You’ll be given the opportunity to scale existing successful products, while also scoping and launching net new projects to the ever expanding Merchant ecosystem.
For consideration, please submit a link to your portfolio and any relevant passwords.
- Learn to independently design on projects while still looking for mentorship from more experienced team members
- Develop and foster cross functional relationships
- Deliver thoughtful solutions, execute on feedback, and optimize design proposals
- Establish trust through high quality design execution
- Implement the principles driving our design system and brand experience
- Demonstrate an understanding of qualitative and quantitative research methods
- Seek guidance from lead or manager, taking ownership of problems and incorporating feedback
- At least (2-4) years of relevant professional experience
- A portfolio that shows work you were directly responsible for with guidance from leadership
- Experience as a primary contributor to continuous streams of work
- A passion for turning complex problems into simple and engaging solutions
- Experience with the end-to-end design process - from identifying customer needs, jobs-to-be-done and pain points to delivering exceptional customer experiences
- Solid UX capabilities, strong visual design competency, and product thinking for mobile-centric experiences
- Comfort with an iterative design process that includes looking for and acting on feedback
- Experience being a strategic partner to product teams and idea forming
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $125,600 - USD $153,600
Zone B: USD $119,300 - USD $145,900
Zone C: USD $113,000 - USD $138,200
Zone D: USD $106,800 - USD $130,600
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace.
Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Learn more about our efforts to promote inclusion and diversity at block.xyz/inclusion
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.