Android Software Engineer - Operating Systems - Cash App
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees working globally across office and remote locations, with a culture geared toward innovation, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Cash App operates. No matter the location, we tailor our experience to ensure our employees are creative, productive, and happy.
Check out our locations, benefits, and more at cash.app/careers!
OS Shared Surfaces is responsible for the shared surfaces at Cash App including Money, Discover, and Activity tabs, as well as Onboarding. Currently, we’re building Cash App 4.0 which consists of a major re-architecture and product redesign to enable Cash App to scale and serve customers globally.
As part of the Android engineering team for OS Shared Surfaces, you’ll be responsible for building and maintaining brand new experiences that will be the launchpad for customers at Cash App. These are experiences that every Cash App customer will interact with and represent the opportunity of working at the highest scale found at Cash.
- Craft durable, well-tested code with an unwavering commitment to product quality
- Build and document client-side infrastructure to be used by other teams at Cash App
- Learn to craft gorgeous, pixel-perfect UI and animations
- Deliver features to tens of millions of customers, shipping at a fast and exciting cadence
- Build new functionality into an app designed to provide real value to its customers
- 2+ years of Android experience
- Experience creating readable, well-crafted, and maintainable code
- Experience voicing customer feedback into product solutions (engineering makes substantive contributions to product definition)
- A love of documentation both pre and post shipping
- A commitment to continuous improvement (yourself, your teammates, your software)
Technologies we use and teach:
- Kotlin, including multi platform with Zipline & Treehouse
- Unit tests, snapshot tests
- Compose, Coroutines, Molecule, SQLDelight, Retrofit, OkHttp, Wire, Moshi, Okio, Picasso, KotlinPoet
- Protocol buffers
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace.
Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Learn more about our efforts to promote inclusion and diversity at block.xyz/inclusion
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.