Senior Android Software Engineer - Health - Cash App
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees working globally across office and remote locations, with a culture geared toward innovation, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Cash App operates. No matter the location, we tailor our experience to ensure our employees are creative, productive, and happy.
Check out our locations, benefits, and more at cash.app/careers!
Cash Health exists to build trust and expand access in Cash’s Ecosystem. We are only successful as a business if our customers feel secure and trust us with their money, and so we take it as a duty to be worthy of that trust. In line with Cash App and Square’s mission of Economic Empowerment, we want to expand access to the banking system so that people who are normally locked out have access to powerful wealth building tools. The healthy tension between these two goals is where we live and thrive.
As part of the Android engineering team for Cash Health Client, you'll provide Cash App customers reliable, easy, and secure access to their accounts. You'll build, own, and improve the experiences and platforms around Identity. Identity owns Identity Verification (through electronic or document upload), Product Limits and Eligibility, Source of Wealth and Source of Funds, among other flows and experiences. These experiences and platforms are pivotal to Cash App customers as we strive towards economic empowerment.
- Build end-to-end features of the app: networking, persistence, business logic, and UI
- Craft durable, well-tested code with an unwavering commitment to product quality
- Re-architect legacy code and prep it to scale for the future of the product and the team
- Partner with iOS and backend developers on delivering remarkable solutions
- Have a meaningful impact on the future of the Cash product
- 5+ years of Android development experience
- Experience creating readable, well-crafted, and maintainable code
- Experience voicing customer feedback into product solutions (engineering makes substantive contributions to product definition)
- A commitment to continuous improvement (yourself, your teammates, your software)
- A home base in Pacific Time (to have some time overlap with our Australian teams)
Technologies we use and teach:
- Kotlin, including multi platform with Zipline & Treehouse
- Unit tests, snapshot tests
- Compose, Coroutines, Molecule, SQLDelight, Retrofit, OkHttp, Wire, Moshi, Okio, Picasso, KotlinPoet
- Protocol buffers
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $167,300 - USD $204,500
Zone B: USD $158,900 - USD $194,300
Zone C: USD $150,600 - USD $184,000
Zone D: USD $142,200 - USD $173,800
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.