Product Lead, Support Automation
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees working globally across office and remote locations, with a culture geared toward innovation, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Cash App operates. No matter the location, we tailor our experience to ensure our employees are creative, productive, and happy.
Check out our locations, benefits, and more at cash.app/careers!
We want customer support to be the top reason why people trust Cash App with their money. The Support Product team is responsible for building trust with our customers by making it as effortless as possible to get helpful and caring support. As the Product Manager leading the Automation team, you will look at our customer support journeys across the app, article search, messaging channel, and phone channel, and integrate AI to get customers’ issues resolved as easily as possible.
- Define the strategy, roadmap, and prioritization for scaling automated support through the customer support journey, like search, chat, phone, and more proactive solutions
- Coordinate actions with a dedicated product team of a Designer, Client Engineers, Server Engineers, Machine Learning Modelers, Machine Learning Engineers, and a Data Scientist
- Deeply understand the needs of customers and act as their voice through planning, design and execution
- Set the pace for the team by effectively driving clarity and alignment through excellent communication and product documentation
- See the future of automated support in vivid color and keep the team’s ambition high along the journey
- 8+ years of product management or equivalent experience
- Possess both expertise and passion in AI - you’re following all the latest improvements and testing it yourself
- Shown high agency and attention to detail driving a product team forward daily
- Defined and owned a roadmap without much guidance
- Displayed strong customer empathy and experience shaping product direction and execution based on customer needs
- Experience driving cross-functional product initiatives in a successful way
- A hunger to tackle complicated and impactful product & business problems
- Appreciation for product design and the customer experience
- Strong strategic thinking, problem solving, and logical structuring abilities
- Comfort with ambiguity; the ability to independently lay out and test clear hypotheses, and solve problems without well-defined direction
- Bonus: You’ve integrated AI within customer support.
- Bonus: Successfully launched an experience in conversational support or search
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $202,500 - USD $247,500
Zone B: USD $192,400 - USD $235,200
Zone C: USD $182,300 - USD $222,800
Zone D: USD $172,200 - USD $210,400
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.