Risk Operations Lead - Disputes
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees working globally across office and remote locations, with a culture geared toward innovation, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Cash App operates. No matter the location, we tailor our experience to ensure our employees are creative, productive, and happy.
Check out our locations, benefits, and more at cash.app/careers.
This position will lead a risk operation team of approximately 10-15 associates focused primarily on disputes operations for all Cash App products. This role has material cross-functional collaboration requirements within Cash App and with our third party banking relationships. Primary focus will be on daily operational management including: people development, SLA adherence, workflow efficiency management, resource allocation, and all things fraud and risk mitigation. A successful candidate will have an awareness of leading practices associated with Legal and Compliance requirements impacting dispute operations.
This role is responsible for:
- Strategic Planning
- Workflow/workforce planning and management
- Management Reporting & Metrics
- Leadership & Mentorship
- System Tools(internal/external) integration & build
- Industry Expertise (Banking, E-Commerce, Payments)
- Partner with Customer Operations, Voice of Customer, Knowledge Operations, Work Force Management and Cash Product on projects directly associated with the department
- Partner with third-party vendors or other external partnerships (as needed)
Leading a Team
- Manage a team of high performing individuals in fast-paced environment
- Ability to mentor, coach and lead from the front
- Partner with HR, Talent, and Recruiting on sourcing candidates as well as administration of HR Policies/Procedures
- Recognize and Reward talent; ensure accountability at all levels within the team roles
- Manage individual performance to metrics and provide ongoing insight and coaching
- 6+ years of work experience with 3+ years of direct people management experience required
- Strong regulation E knowledge
- Strong error resolution process knowledge
- Past product or project management experience
- Experience building and scaling Customer ops teams
- The ability to effectively influence and communicate cross-functionally
- Creative problem-solving abilities
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills and an ability to synthesize information and make clear, concise recommendations on a course of action.
- Natural curiosity to dig deep to understand customer behavior
- Strong analytical skills
- Passion for assessing Risk
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $103,900 - USD $126,900
Zone B: USD $96,600 - USD $118,000
Zone C: USD $88,300 - USD $107,900
Zone D: USD $77,900 - USD $95,300
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
US and Canada EEOC Statement
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.