Product Designer – Commerce
- Alternate Location: Melbourne, Australia
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees working globally across office and remote locations, with a culture geared toward innovation, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Cash App operates. No matter the location, we tailor our experience to ensure our employees are creative, productive, and happy.
Check out our locations, benefits, and more at cash.app/careers!
We are looking for a Product Designer to join our growing design team. Our focus is to create world-class experiences for our customers. We pride ourselves in rethinking established paradigms and bringing creative solutions into existence in the commerce space.
Our product designers take a product, feature, or experience from ideation to production. This includes vision setting, designing solutions, prototyping, bringing along cross-functional teams, overseeing implementation, and collaborating with other designers, researchers, writers, product managers, analysts, and engineers.
Cash App's commerce team is building an ecosystem where merchants can grow their businesses and customers come to connect with businesses they love. Whether offering top merchant deals or giving customers the ability to buy now and pay later, our team is focused on helping our customers save and spend responsibly. The commerce team has many strategic initiatives that join the Square and Cash App ecosystems, such as Cash App Pay. This new payment option allows our customers to pay with Cash App online or in person at a Square sellers. As a product designer on the Commerce team, you’ll shape strategy, build features, and be looked upon as an expert for some of our most important products.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 5+ years of experience as a Product Designer
- A passion for turning complex problems into simple and engaging solutions
- An innate understanding of the end-to-end design process - from identifying customer needs, jobs-to-be-done and pain points to delivering exceptional customer experiences
- Outstanding UX capabilities, strong visual design competency, and product thinking for mobile centric experiences
- The ability to apply consumer insights and metrics to inform design decisions and influence the product roadmap
- Comfort with an iterative design process that includes accepting and acting on feedback
- Competence in relevant design and prototyping tools
- Strong systems thinker with the ability to connect the dots across the entire customer ecosystem both on and off our products
- Strong collaboration and self-management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and can clearly & succinctly present concepts to the broader product and design team.
- Experience in being a strategic partner to product teams and idea forming
- Experience mentoring other designers, providing feedback and coaching work
- Previous work experience in a consumer-focused tech organization
- Experience in customer journey mapping and strategic design to complement design foundations
- Familiarity in creating interactive prototypes
Please submit a deck or portfolio of work with your application that showcases your design process from exploratory stages through execution. If your portfolio site requires a password, please provide us with it in your application or on your resume. Thank you!
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $152,100 - USD $185,900
Zone B: USD $144,500 - USD $176,700
Zone C: USD $136,900 - USD $167,300
Zone D: USD $129,300 - USD $158,100
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.