Executive Relations Complaints Governance Lead
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees working globally across office and remote locations, with a culture geared toward innovation, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Cash App operates. No matter the location, we tailor our experience to ensure our employees are creative, productive, and happy.
Check out our locations, benefits, and more at cash.app/careers.
The Cash Executive Relations Team was founded on the purpose of facilitating a robust complaints program in alignment with Block’s Global Complaints Program. This program was created to fulfill the requirements of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation’s (FDIC) review of Block’s Square Financial Service application to become a bank and is required to exist across all Block business units.
The Executive Relations Complaint Governance Lead will be responsible for evolving and scaling the Governance and Training function within CERT’s Program Management Team. This individual is responsible for ensuring Cash App’s complaints program remains regulatory and internally compliant, maintaining appropriate risk management practices, and managing the program’s governance and training strategy.
In this role you will:
- Manage, scale, and maintain the governance and training function for Cash’s Complaints Program to support all applicable Cash products, services, features, global markets and support channels
- Adapt to new and evolving complaints programs across Cash both domestic and global
- Manage direct reports to scale and maintain governance and training operations, responsibilities and expectations
- Develop direct reports in functional knowledge, relevant skills and competencies
- Develop governance and training documents such as programs, procedures, and training materials
- Collaborate with Cash business units and Block lines of business to consistently implement program requirements across the ecosystem
- Partner with Legal and Compliance teams to implement regulatory requirements within program documentation, while meeting Block and Cash App business and customer needs
- Coordinate with the CERT-PM Senior Manager to determine business priorities and program roadmapping
- Act as business contact for internal and external audit and regulatory exam requests, as well as oversee all remediation efforts
- Develop and oversee complaint handling processes, program change management, and establish and approve knowledge and controls for ensuring compliant day-to-day operations
- Supervise the internal and customer facing voices of the Cash Complaints Program ensuring a professional, courteous, and clear demeanor in communications
- Maintain consistency across the complaints program between operational processes, internal control functions, and training materials by providing advisory and consultation services across all Cash business units
- Oversee the revision and updating of the programs and training materials
- Manage hiring and onboarding of new team members
- Set governance strategy milestones and deliverables for the team based on quarterly OKRs
- Adapt to changes to any of the above responsibilities based on evolving business needs
- 3+ years of process definition and formal documentation experience
- Experience building and scaling customer support operations
- Ability to manage, motivate and develop a team to leverage their unique skill sets and be successful
- Strong strategic and analytical abilities to address concerns and see remediation efforts through from conception to completion
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, and the ability to communicate at all levels of the organization
- Excellent interpersonal, listening and presentation skills
- Experience building and scaling customer support operations, in a dynamic retail, restaurant, startup or tech environment
- Excellent organizational skills with project management skills as a bonus
- Excellent follow-up and time management skills with the ability to appropriately prioritize and pivot to meet business needs in a changing environment
- Adept at building relationships and collaborating effectively with all levels of management and a variety of stakeholders
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $138,200 - USD $169,000
Zone B: USD $128,500 - USD $157,100
Zone C: USD $121,700 - USD $148,700
Zone D: USD $110,600 - USD $135,200
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
US and Canada EEOC Statement
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.