Payment Acceptance Lead
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees working globally across office and remote locations, with a culture geared toward innovation, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Cash App operates. No matter the location, we tailor our experience to ensure our employees are creative, productive, and happy.
Check out our locations, benefits, and more at cash.app/careers!
The Cash App Network Operations Team is responsible for building and managing a scalable payments ecosystem for a fast growing mobile payment app with multiple external and internal partners. You’ll be responsible for establishing and driving the Payment Acceptance strategy and operational excellence for Cash App Payments within the market.
This includes working collaboratively with our internal and external partners to innovate, collaborate, and problem solve. This role is based in Australia.
- Establish and drive Payment Acceptance strategy within Market
- Identify, own and optimize strategic partnerships for Cash App through detailed and proactive partner management, working with partners to define, iterate, stabilize and enable new initiatives and features.
- Identify, own and deliver operational improvements to provide a seamless paying experience to Cash App customers.
- Be a leader in the market for Cash App, maintaining and building on key internal and external relationships
- Partner closely with the Country General Manager, Product and Engineering teams on go to market roadmaps to define and launch specific market features and functionality to drive growth and use of Cash App
- Collaborate with partners - both internal and external on continuous improvement activities and driving Cash App’s Payment Acceptance strategy.
- Analyze multiple sources of data and work closely with finance and data science teams to inform business decision making and scale operations
- 7+ years of operations and partner management experience, preferably in a fast moving technology or financial services company
- 5 years establishing and leading high performing teams
- Deep understanding of the payment industry and its current evolution in Australia.
- Experience using quantitative data to develop and evolve processes, to ensure scalability with a high volume product.
- Experience building and delivering sound business strategy with a proven track record of delivering key initiatives to achieve strategic goals.
- Strong relationship building skills with executives and technical teams & the ability to develop consensus and drive stakeholders to a decision
- Strong ability to build & leverage cross functional relationships internally and externally
- Extensive experience with commercial contracts and negotiations
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.