Product Lead, Cash for Business
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees working globally across office and remote locations, with a culture geared toward innovation, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Cash App operates. No matter the location, we tailor our experience to ensure our employees are creative, productive, and happy.
Check out our locations, benefits, and more at cash.app/careers!
We’re hiring a Product Lead to join the Commerce team, supporting our Cash for Business (C4B) Product.
As shared in earnings reports, Commerce is one of the top three investments of Cash App to further connect the Cash App and Square ecosystems. The mission of Cash for Business is to make Cash App the most accessible and preferred destination for anyone to become a mobile-first seller. We currently support millions of microsellers and mobile-native SMBs across the US. Cash for Business is the easiest way to get paid for selling goods or services by millions of people using Cash App.
We're seeking an exceptional Product Leader to help re-invent Cash for Business (C4B) by launching a mix of transformative, highly complex, “0 to 1” new features and ongoing improvements. Our north star is Gross Payment Volume (GPV). We have an ambitious set of multi-year bets. We're seeking an experienced leader to turn ideas into a concrete roadmap and to own decision-making on complex trade-offs that balance design considerations, technical cost, and business value.
You will be the de facto team leader to achieve results in the face of setbacks or roadblocks, but also be an IC rolling up your sleeves to lead day-to-day execution.
- Work on complex issues spanning payment and account functionality to boost transaction volume, account health, and activity. You will drive product decision-making and execution, requiring cross-BU platform support, with several different ENG & product teams. With minimal guidance, you will own thorny problems, grappling with trade-offs with significant strategic / business impact.
- Lead a team of Designers, Server & Client ENG, and XFN to set the product direction and write precise requirements that accelerate design exploration & technical readiness to build.
- Drive clarity within a team, with supporting platform teams, and upwards to Commerce and Cash Wide Product leadership.
- You will own product decisions & outcomes, but need to exercise influence over cross-product dependencies, resourcing, and reporting.
- Create, manage, and revise product roadmaps & backlogs that span 12-18 months
- 8+ years of product or relevant experience
- Track record as a product owner who has shipped high-impact experiences, ideally trained in first-tier, mobile-first environments
- Product sense and design sensibilities to deliver features with the craft and consumer-grade simplicity of Cash App
- Bonus for expertise in financial services, SMB category, or leading consumer social / commerce
- Strong customer empathy and experience shaping product strategy & execution based on customer needs
- Diverse experience with 0 → 1 initiatives as well as with optimizing existing products
- MBA or Consulting experience is welcome–but your product track record is the priority
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $202,500 - USD $247,500
Zone B: USD $192,400 - USD $235,200
Zone C: USD $182,300 - USD $222,800
Zone D: USD $172,200 - USD $210,400
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
US and Canada EEOC Statement
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.