Product Compliance Manager - Cash App - Cash Card
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees working globally across office and remote locations, with a culture geared toward innovation, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Cash App operates. No matter the location, we tailor our experience to ensure our employees are creative, productive, and happy.
Check out our locations, benefits, and more at cash.app/careers!
The Product Compliance team is a group of strategic compliance advisors to the Cash App Product Team. The team partners with Product teams pre-launch to define requirements, identify corresponding controls, and provide ongoing compliance support post-implementation. Product Compliance are also key decision makers on compliance controls and recommendations to the Business. Additionally, Product Compliance Managers work closely with partner banks to help build and maintain world class compliance programs for affiliated products.
The Product Compliance team is looking for a Product Compliance Manager (PCM) who has a deep understanding of regulatory requirements as it relates to consumer facing payments and banking products. In particular, the ideal candidate has experience working on financial products such as Debit Cards, Direct Deposit, Wires and others. To be successful in this role, the candidate must be willing to roll up their sleeves with thoughtful, creative, industry-leading, risk-based solutions. Lastly, it is critical that the candidate is a great, collaborative partner, who has experience working with Bank Partners, Product, Engineering, Design and Legal teams.
This position can sit in any Cash App/Block Office in the US or be full-time remote from any US state.
- Partner with Product and Regulatory Counsel to understand the Legal obligations associated with new products and features
- Identify, document and support the design of strong, mitigating controls in accordance with the Legal requirements
- Have a strong understanding of Regulation E, AML/BSA, UDAAP and Card Network rules
- Be embedded with Product partners, understanding their strategic vision, and providing strategic compliance advice and support
- Identify product gaps in controls and collaborate on compliant remediation plans
- Work with other Compliance partners to identify, document, and develop an inventory of risks and controls for your respective domain
- Remain up-to-date on regulatory changes and landscape, best practices and new developments in the industry
- 10+ years in the compliance industry, ideally with experience in payments compliance
- AML and regulatory knowledge, specifically in Electronic Funds Transfer Act, Bank Secrecy Act, consumer protection compliance and payment network rules and regulations
- A metrics-driven approach to create substantiated solutions
- Operational knowledge in building a sound Compliance program
- Ability to influence others and gain support around compliance goals.
- Work with team members of all levels
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $152,100 - USD $185,900
Zone B: USD $141,500 - USD $172,900
Zone C: USD $133,800 - USD $163,600
Zone D: USD $121,700 - USD $148,700
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Full-time employee benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage (Medical, Vision and Dental insurance)
- Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off (including 12 paid holidays)
- Paid sick leave (1 hour per 26 hours worked (max 80 hours per calendar year to the extent legally permissible) for non-exempt employees and covered by our Flexible Time Off policy for exempt employees)
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D, and disability benefits
- Additional Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
These benefits are further detailed in Block's policies. This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.