Compliance Programme Manager, UK
We are seeking a Compliance Programme Manager to support the build out of Clearpay’s Compliance Programme in the UK. In anticipation of consumer credit regulation coming into force for buy-now-pay-later services, you will help to develop, implement, and maintain compliance controls necessary to meet these new regulatory obligations. This role is focussed on non-AML compliance obligations applicable to consumer credit firms.
You will manage multiple touch points, which includes running daily operations with the compliance teams based in the UK and abroad and driving priority initiatives on the compliance roadmap. You will collaborate with compliance operational teams and other relevant internal partners to ensure our programme complies with all applicable laws and regulations in the UK. You will demonstrate excellent project management, regulatory, process and systems design, data analytics, and documentation abilities.
This role must be based in the United Kingdom.
- Interpret regulation applicable to buy-now-pay-later consumer credit firms, perform gap analysis of current operational processes against these requirements, and help to design, implement and document appropriate compliance controls.
- Help to discharge Clearpay’s existing marketing compliance program to ensure compliance with financial promotions and advertising standards obligations and industry best practices
- Develop consumer compliance policies, procedure and controls for our products and features
- Design and implement training, management information, reporting, and escalations management
- Help execute process improvements and procedure updates for the compliance operational teams
- Submit regulatory reports
- Draft and maintain relevant documentation and content for changes to the programme in accordance with regulatory updates, new products, and overall Compliance team policies and procedures
- Oversee the end-to-end implementation of each operational change and communicate progress to leadership and all relevant partners
- Stay informed of regulatory developments, industry trends and Clearpay’s roadmaps to drive decisions
- 5+ years as a Project Manager, Programme Manager or Compliance Officer with direct experience working in non-AML compliance
- Experience working on compliance with FCA Handbook standards applicable to consumer credit firms (e.g. PRIN, SYSC, CONC, DISP) and the Consumer Credit Act
- Experience writing policy and procedures to meet regulatory requirements
- Experience in project management, from kick off to completed deliverables
- Superb organizational skills with the ability to manage competing priorities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment, and operate both independently and with team members of all levels
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.