Product Manager, Remittances & Off-Ramps
Founded in July 2021, TBD is one of Block's four business units, alongside Square, Cash App, and Tidal. At TBD, we believe in a decentralized future that returns ownership and control over your finances, data, and identity. Guided by this vision, TBD is building an open source platform and developer infrastructure that enables everyone to access and participate in the global economy.
TBD is inviting the world to join us in building and adopting open and decentralized technologies that solve real problems for real people — from next generation infrastructure that lowers the cost of global payments and enables frictionless commerce, to decentralized identity technologies that enable anyone to access and participate in the global economy. Our mission advances economic empowerment through the power of decentralized solutions, built open source and collaboratively.
The offerings we build will provide developers, institutions, and individuals with the capabilities needed to build the next wave of innovative apps and services, and access this decentralized future. We’re leveraging bitcoin and other decentralized technologies to reinvent the global financial system in an open and permissionless way to further Block’s mission of economic empowerment, with a global focus
The TBD Product Management team creates and scales novel products that advance TBD’s mission, and drive monetization for TBD’s business. The growing portfolio of developer products is designed to catalyze ecosystems of decentralized identity, trust, and financial services.
We’re seeking an exceptional Product Leader to build developer products and services that help increase financial access globally, starting with (1) cross-border remittance payments and (2) off-ramps from stablecoins and Bitcoin to fiat currencies in different jurisdictions. These products will be built on top of tbDEX, an open source, decentralized, and permissionless protocol for value exchange. The developer facing products that you launch should make it safe and easy for enterprise and app developers to provide financial services to their customers, and for financial institutions to offer financial services through tbDEX.
This position will report to the TBD Product Management Lead, Tom Shane.
- Think strategically and operate in a start-up capacity, driving end-to-end product strategy and execution from 0-to-1 to scaling
- Inspire buy-in across TBD, Block, and external customers / partners, to (1) align resources and priorities, and to (2) build strong partnerships that deliver excellent products and services
- Drive critical product strategy decisions, such as priority use cases, build / partner / buy, MVP functionality, etc.
- Develop, experiment with, and launch sustainable business models that drive revenue while thoughtfully scaling costs
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams (Business, Engineering, Design, Legal, Compliance, Finance & Strategy, etc.) to (1) develop monetization model(s) and GTM strategies, (2) to navigate regulatory and legal items, and (3) drive execution of product roadmap
- Deeply understand the market opportunity, unit economics, competition, and customer needs / jobs to be done; and champion / educate the org accordingly
- Design products that scale globally to many markets, but can address local market nuances
- Break down ambiguous, complex problems into manageable components and design elegant, simplified solutions
- 12+ years of experience as a Product Manager
- Demonstrated ability to bring new developer-facing products / services from initial creation to scaling, and all that it takes to deliver
- Experience in B2B sales motion and pricing for developer products, including enterprise, and long-tail customers
- The ability to navigate ambiguity as part of a start-up team that is inventing new technologies and products in a nascent space (decentralized identity, decentralized finance, decentralized web apps)
- The capacity to bring novel, simple, and intuitive product design to a nascent industry in which user experiences and interfaces are complex and inscrutable to the everyday person
- Excellent storytelling and written / verbal communication that builds trust and fosters collaboration across functions and with external stakeholders
- Deep technical understanding, and ability to partner with engineering on detailed requirements / trade-offs
- Strong customer empathy in understanding customer needs and value across different geographic markets (e.g., Africa, Central and South America, and/ or Southeast Asia)
- Strong expertise in one or more the following financial services areas: cross-border payments, liquidity and treasury management, exchanges and trading, foreign exchange / multiple currencies
- Experience launching products in regulated markets, including addressing legal and compliance items
- Passion for creating a decentralized future that enables everyone to access and participate in the global economy
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $245,100 - USD $299,500
Zone B: USD $245,100 - USD $299,500
Zone C: USD $245,100 - USD $299,500
Zone D: USD $245,100 - USD $299,500
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.