Since we opened our doors in 2009, the world of commerce has evolved immensely, and so has Square. After enabling anyone to take payments and never miss a sale, we saw sellers stymied by disparate, outmoded products and tools that wouldn’t work together.
To solve this problem, we expanded into software and built integrated solutions to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. Across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow in one place. Afterpay furthers our goal to provide omnichannel tools that unlock meaningful value and growth, enabling sellers to capture the next generation shopper, increase order sizes, and compete at a larger scale.
Today, we are a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex operations, sellers just starting, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers grow, so do our solutions. There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a significant, meaningful, and lasting business, and we are helping sellers worldwide do the same.
For consideration, please submit a link to your portfolio/work samples.
As a Design Technologist on the Square Point of Sale Creative team, you'll merge the roles of design and engineering, bringing innovative creative concepts to life. In a Design Technologist role, you will need a passion for both design and technical skills. You'll work on a broad range of digital needs from product marketing experiences to informational pages that are both beautiful and highly usable.
You can act as a bridge between the Design team and our cross-functional partners helping to ensure both design fidelity as well as technical feasibility. You will collaborate with creative peers to prototype, test and execute custom web experiences that allow our sellers to learn, use, and adopt our products.
As much as we are focused on the work, we are constantly improving the ways we work. In addition to working on projects that aim to improve the seller experience across web channels, our team also looks for opportunities to leverage technology to super-charge the design process through building internal tools to yield a more efficient workflow.
You will also work with teams across Square to understand best practices and solve problems in a scalable and future-proof way. The ideal candidate has previous experience working in an agency and/or internal creative departments with a focus on digital and web technologies.
- Participate in concept development iteration, partnering on projects from ideation and design through implementation.
- Take creative direction and expand on concept ideas with a solid and active contribution in creative reviews.
- Own hands-on technical development, from prototypes coming out of ideation through to final launch/G2M production code.
- Contribute and consult on discussions about the digital aspects of creative campaigns.
- Present ideas or prototypes to both creative marketing / technical audiences.
- Work creatively through and around perceived limitations and challenges imposed by the delivery platforms
- Evaluate and document any creative and engineering standards or patterns that could arise from your work.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
- BS in Computer Science or a related technical field
- Back-end development – Familiarity of Ruby, Java, or other back-end languages
- Familiarity building in and working with CMS's
- Portfolio of work that displays design, high-fidelity animation, motion, iconography, typography, color, and imagery
- Understanding of web standards, browser performance, and best practices
- Passion for digital marketing, advertising, and understanding metrics
- Advocate for technology and choosing the right tool for the job
- Familiarity with modern design tools (Figma, Adobe After Effects, Cinema 4D)
US and Canada EEOC Statement
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.