Since we opened our doors in 2009, the world of commerce has evolved immensely, and so has Square. After enabling anyone to take payments and never miss a sale, we saw sellers stymied by disparate, outmoded products and tools that wouldn’t work together.
To solve this problem, we expanded into software and built integrated solutions to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. Across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow in one place. Afterpay furthers our goal to provide omnichannel tools that unlock meaningful value and growth, enabling sellers to capture the next generation shopper, increase order sizes, and compete at a larger scale.
Today, we are a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex operations, sellers just starting, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers grow, so do our solutions. There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a significant, meaningful, and lasting business, and we are helping sellers worldwide do the same.
As a Product Manager on the team, you will have an opportunity to drive impact for large organizations running their multi-location businesses using Square. You will be responsible for defining the multi-year product strategy, coordinating and executing projects, and optimizing the experience for sellers, their employees, and their buyers. Our approach at Square is both customer-focused and data-driven. You will need to dig in to deeply understand our customers and their needs, define and analyze data, and guide our world-class team to move fast and ship remarkable solutions.
In this role, you will also collaborate closely with designers, engineers, analysts, marketers, and other cross-functional team members within the organization to ensure that our product reaches customers and provides a remarkable, delightful experience. If you’re looking to change the way businesses operate and drive impact at a high-growth company, you will find this role compelling, challenging, and rewarding.
- Develop innovative and industry-leading products across desktop, mobile, and native platforms that uniquely serve Square’s customers.
- Develop a deep understanding of customer needs and struggles through direct interviews and in working with GTM (e.g. Sales, AM, CS) teams around the company.
- Work with Design, Engineering, Analytics, and Product Marketing to craft the vision, strategy, and measurable goals for your product area, and evangelize around the company.
- Drive prioritization and execution of the product roadmap.
- Operate cross-functionally and build strong partnerships with product and business teams across the company in delivering excellent products and services.
- Influence key stakeholders throughout Square in order to align intent, resources, and prioritization.
- Report on progress and raise key risks/issues to Square leadership.
- 4+ years of product management experience.
- A collaborative approach: Track record of building consensus and delivering results with cross-functional partners.
- Vision: You’ve formed, gained buy-in, and driven key strategies shaping the multi-year direction of your team.
- Results: You’re excellent tactically, with a proven track record of shipping simple, elegant products at scale.
- Analytical skills: You have a great ability to absorb and apply data to your decision making.
- Communication: You’re regarded as an effective communicator, both written and verbal.
- Customer empathy: Experience shaping product direction and execution based on customer needs.
- Experience working through problems with high ambiguity and without a definitive answer.
- Developed industry-leading products that have gained a strong followership and product loyalty.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.