Product Lead, Customer Engagement
To solve this problem, we expanded into software and built integrated solutions to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. Across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow in one place. Afterpay furthers our goal to provide omnichannel tools that unlock meaningful value and growth, enabling sellers to capture the next generation shopper, increase order sizes, and compete at a larger scale.
Today, we are a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex operations, sellers just starting, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers grow, so do our solutions. There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a significant, meaningful, and lasting business, and we are helping sellers worldwide do the same.
The Square Customer Engagement product team is focused on building the tools that help Square sellers acquire and retain their customers and drive more sales. Consumers have more choice than ever before on where, when, and how to shop, and have come to expect convenience, choice and control. Sellers are hustling to differentiate themselves and compete for these customers, but don’t always have the time, tools, or know-how to deliver on this in a meaningful way. Every part of the customer experience deeply matters, and having the ability to deliver cohesive, personalized experiences across all channels and touchpoints is key to our sellers’ success. That’s where the Customer Engagement team comes in – we’ve launched popular products like Square Loyalty, Square Marketing, and Square Gift Cards to help sellers of all types and sizes in this journey, and we’re just getting started.
As the Product lead of the Customer Engagement area, you will be part of the leadership team that drives the strategy and evolution of this growing product suite and business for Square. You will directly lead a group of accomplished product managers and partner with a broad group of cross-functional partners across a portfolio of products. You’ll bring strong product management and business leadership to the team, as well as a consistent track record of success in fast-growing organizations. If you’re looking to change the way small businesses operate and drive impact at a high-growth company, you will find this role compelling, challenging, and rewarding.
- Develop innovative and industry-leading products across desktop, mobile, and native platforms that uniquely serve Square’s customers.
- Lead and coach a diverse team of strong product managers and help them do their best work across a wide range of product and operations initiatives.
- Work with your direct PM team, as well as cross-functionally with Design, Engineering, Product Marketing, and Data Science, to set the vision for our Customer Engagement suite of products.
- Lead your team in defining and executing on a set of product strategies to reach the Customer Engagement vision.
- Help shape our product development process as we continue to grow.
- Foster an environment that enables the team to execute quickly while maintaining a high standard for quality.
- Operate cross-functionally and build strong partnerships with product and business teams across the company in delivering excellent products and services.
- Influence key stakeholders throughout Square in order to align intent, resources, and prioritization.
- 8+ years of product management experience, and direct people management experience.
- A collaborative approach: You have a track record of building consensus and delivering results with cross-functional partners.
- Vision: You’ve formed, gained buy-in, and driven key strategies shaping the multi-year direction of your team.
- Results: You have a proven track record of shipping simple, elegant products at scale.
- Efficiency: You have excellent organization and prioritization skills.
- Analytical skills: You have a great ability to absorb and apply data to your decision making.
- Execution: You’re scrappy, solution-oriented, and able to help the team push through obstacles and blockers to deliver value for our customers. Able to push through obstacles, and ready to roll up your sleeves wherever needed.
- Communication: You’re regarded as an effective communicator, both written and verbal.
- Customer empathy: You have experience shaping product direction and execution based on customer needs.
- You have experience working through problems with high ambiguity and without a definitive answer.
- You’ve developed industry-leading products that have gained a strong followership and product loyalty.
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $222,800 - USD $272,300
Zone B: USD $211,600 - USD $258,600
Zone C: USD $200,500 - USD $245,100
Zone D: USD $189,400 - USD $231,400
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.