Senior Platform Data Engineer, People Analytics
As an embedded Platform Data Engineer on the People Analytics team, you will architect, implement and manage data processing pipelines and data models that curate People Team data (related to HR, recruiting, etc.) from third party vendors for fast and thorough analysis. You will play an integral part in enabling the People Analytics team to take data-driven decision making and ROI optimization to the next level. You are a self-starter and you are comfortable working cross-functionally with other teams across Block.
- Develop and take ownership of the People data warehouse and related data pipelines to empower data access and self-service.
- Partner with business stakeholders and downstream data consumers to understand data and translate business requirements into technical design of building scalable data pipelines.
- Perform ad hoc analysis, insight requests, and data extractions to resolve critical business issues
- Identify areas of improvement in the current data infrastructure, bring to the attention of the People Analytics team and implement enhancements
- 5+ years of data engineering experience with expertise in data warehousing and hands-on experience with extracting and processing API data using Python, data modeling, ETL implementation & optimization and building reports with Looker or similar BI visualization tools.
- Hands on experience on cloud-based computing services and data warehouses like AWS, GCP, Snowflake, Redshift or equivalent
- Ability to understand complex business systems; versatility and willingness to learn new technologies on the job.
- Excellent communication skills paired with strong initiative (i.e., you are a self-starter; you proactively identify areas for improvement and implements enhancements without being asked)
- Demonstrated integrity and consideration for appropriate data governance when working with sensitive confidential data
- Experience working with employee / HR data is a plus
US and Canada EEOC Statement
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.