Product Designer, Bitcoin Wallet
We're building a bitcoin wallet for the next 100M bitcoin users - importantly for people around the world who likely haven’t yet used bitcoin as a savings tool or for its payments capabilities yet. Our goal is economic empowerment -- starting with bringing easy-to-use, reliable wallet that helps people around the world own and manage their bitcoin, rather than having to rely on a number of tools and services that don’t work well together and are challenging to use for a wide global audience.
Our goal is to make the future of money intuitive, and safe while enabling customers to build a better financial future.
We’re hiring a Product Designer to join our global team. As our second product designer, you’ll deliver intuitive and easy-to-use experiences that help us make Bitcoin understandable and accessible to everyone.
We’re a startup building a new product and an entirely new consumer-facing brand (yet-to-be named!) within an established larger tech company. So you’ll have the autonomy and speed of working in a small team, with the support and resources of the Block ecosystem. You’ll be connected to the wider design community from other parts of the company — Square, Cash App, Spiral, and Tidal — so you’ll have a chance to lean on experienced designers as sounding boards, without losing the ability to move quickly and have autonomy.
This role can be based anywhere remotely in the US, UK, Ireland, the Netherlands, Germany, among other countries. And if you prefer an office environment, we have team-members working in offices in New York, and London, as well as offices in other cities including St. Louis, Atlanta, Philadelphia and other locations.
This is a unique opportunity to shape how we tell the world about a pioneering product that could change the way people think about bitcoin. You can learn more about what we’re building through our newsletter here.
- Work in a small, multi-disciplinary team to design & deliver innovative end-to-end experiences from concept to production (includes helping to set the product vision, exploring design solutions, prototyping, supporting implementation).
- Develop and manage our early-stage design system
- Focus on real customer problems by using user research insights and customer feedback to identify opportunities, working as a thought partner to product managers.
- A strong design executor who is excels at simplifying complex problems by building empathy — you always start with the customer and their problems, and you design with the target audience in mind
- A self-starter who thrives in an autonomous environment — you're comfortable in an unestablished environment and thrive in "zero to one" situations where you are able to shape and drive a product's design direction with minimal guidance.
- Experienced in designing well-crafted mobile consumer apps — you have a proven track record of creating visually appealing designs for mobile applications, ensuring a seamless and enjoyable experience for users across diverse demographics and regions.
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $152,100 - USD $185,900
Zone B: USD $144,500 - USD $176,700
Zone C: USD $136,900 - USD $167,300
Zone D: USD $129,300 - USD $158,100
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
US and Canada EEOC Statement
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.