Finance and Strategy Senior Analyst, Cash App
- Alternate Location: New York, United States
We are looking for a Senior Finance & Strategy Analyst to join the Cash App Corporate Finance group and help build Cash App, the fastest-growing financial app globally. The Corporate Finance team manages the financial trends of the business, including the annual financial plan, regular forecast, and outlook processes, while helping form capital allocation decisions across our business and providing analytical support to Cash App Senior Management. Our team’s core value is trust – we build it by making what is complex simple, and we do so with accurate and digestible analysis. You will be an important contributor to the forecasting and decision-making processes by helping scale our investment across our software vendors as well as be a key business partner to our Accounting team.
- Provide financial planning and analysis support to Cash F&S and our business partners
- Partner with Block’s accounting teams to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting
- Work in collaboration with multiple Cash App engineering and operations teams to drive accurate vendor expense forecasts through data analysis and financial modeling
- Develop month-end reporting that explains key P&L variances across our vendors
- Support the financial planning process for your key business partners and drive process improvements, including automation and standardization
- 2+ years of experience, with excellent modeling and business partnership skills
- Experience in an operating role within FP&A, Corporate Finance, Accounting, consulting, investment banking, or a similar field preferred
- Excellent proficiency in financial modeling and Excel (you should be prepared for a case study)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to distill complex information appropriately for different audiences
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $125,600 - USD $153,600
Zone B: USD $116,800 - USD $142,800
Zone C: USD $110,500 - USD $135,100
Zone D: USD $100,500 - USD $122,900
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.