Vulnerability Research Analyst
The Threat Intelligence and Operations Team at Block is designed as a pre-breach/preventative intelligence and vulnerability research resource for Block. Through the discovery of key intelligence requirements across the ecosystem, the Threat Intel team can deliver highly specialized information to all identified stakeholders. Additionally the team will support the vulnerability process through targeted research, reverse engineering and malware analysis.
- Analyze vulnerabilities and prioritize based on impact
- Work directly with identified stakeholders on key intelligence requirements
- Identify gaps in the vulnerability management program and recommend improvements
- Identify common patterns and provide key insights to help mitigate future risks
- Monitor industry trends and emerging threats to proactively identify potential vulnerabilities
- Assist in determining appropriate remediation strategies for critical vulnerabilities
- Develop new relationships with unidentified stakeholders
- Communicate, document, prioritize, and drive security concerns to completion
- Influence business risk decisions across the organization
- Work with a dynamic, fast-paced, and geographically-distributed team of experts
You should have:
- Deep technical understanding of common security vulnerabilities and risks
- Strong knowledge of risk countermeasures and compensating controls
- Facility with empathetic interpersonal interactions via video conference
- A thoughtful approach to technical analysis and ability to quickly assess new platforms
- Five years of demonstrated security, intelligence & risk management experience working in a technology-focused company
Ideal candidate would have:
- Experience working in a remote team environment
- Curiosity and interest in learning new technologies
- Passion to enable everyone to participate and thrive in the economy
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $152,100 - USD $185,900
Zone B: USD $144,500 - USD $176,700
Zone C: USD $136,900 - USD $167,300
Zone D: USD $129,300 - USD $158,100
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
US and Canada EEOC Statement
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.