Head of Commercial Finance & Strategy, Sales (UK/EU)
Join a movement in which everyone can win. We started a movement in which everyone can win – shoppers, retailers, society and every person on our team. To play fair, trust people and reward them for doing the right thing. We see and feel the impact of our work as more and more people gain financial freedom and retailers grow across the globe.
Founded eight years ago in Sydney, Australia, Clearpay (also known as Afterpay) has millions of active customers and is offered by the world's best retailers around the world including Boohoo, ASOS, Marks & Spencer, JD Sports and many others. Clearpay is on a mission to power an economy in which everyone wins.
Clearpay is completely free for customers who pay on time – helping people spend responsibly without incurring interest, fees or extended debt. Clearpay empowers customers to access the things they want and need, while still allowing them to maintain financial wellness and control, by splitting payments in four (three in EU), for both online and in-store purchases. Clearpay is deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers. We are focused on supporting our community of shoppers.
Clearpay has recently been acquired by Block Inc. Block is made up of Square, Afterpay, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL and TBD. One company built from many blocks, all united by the same purpose of economic empowerment.
Finance & Strategy improves financial and operational decision-making across Block. Our team’s core value is trust – we build it by making what is complex simple, and we do it with analysis that is accurate and easy-to-understand. Partners appreciate our insight and trust us to help solve difficult problems. We believe good ideas can come from anywhere, and we’ll rely on you to work with others, form intelligent opinions, and present your thoughts to decision-makers and company executives.
This role will support our Clearpay UK & EU Sales & Account Management functions, which guide our largest sellers’ journeys onto the Clearpay platform.
- Act as the primary business partner to Head of EMEA Clearpay, providing strategic insight and advice to inform all key business decisions
- Manage a Senior Analyst, providing the necessary coaching and structure to ensure the team continues to operate at a high level
- Own Business Review processes, facilitating actionable conversations with Sales leadership, including providing key insights to Square’s CEO/CFO
- Partner with Data Science and Analytics teams to improve Sales and Account Management targeting strategy and value measurement
- Set regional sales targets, own forecasting and align with pipeline tracking, and optimize sales incentive design
- Help advise on operating expense budget activities to ensure investment allocation and resources are according to Block’s strategic priorities
- 8+ years experience in investment banking or strategic/commercial finance with commercial organisation
- A finance qualification or relevant working experience within strategy finance
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Proven ability to develop and lead an effective team
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and meet deadlines
- Excellent proficiency in financial modeling and Excel (there will be a case study)
- Experience with SQL
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.