Senior Audio Visual Engineer
The Audio/Visual (AV) Collaboration team is looking for an experienced AV Architect who is passionate about how to shape Square's future way of working and collaborating. We are focused on being a trusted partner and helping fellow colleagues to work more creatively and collaboratively in any location. We pride ourselves in thinking outside of the box and push the boundaries of building the future of hybrid workplace. This person will report to the Audio Visual Collaboration Lead.
This role is based out of the Bay Area and you will be expected to go into office in Oakland or San Francisco one to two times a week. There will also be travel (domestic and international) as necessary to support projects such as office builds.
You are a go getter who can figure out how to transform Block into the best place to work and collaborate. You will be highly collaborative with a team-first approach. You will be an important driver in implementing new technologies and fresh solutions throughout all of Block
- You will help establish and propose appropriate strategy and technology for how employees will work
- You'll be someone who understands best practices and always stays ahead of industry trends.
- You will be someone who is not afraid to be in the technical weeds
- Work with vendors and manufacturers to design systems and develop testing procedures
- Partner with AV engineers in testing, implementing new technology solutions
- Ensure all solutions work within the context of Square, on our networks and within the constraints of our security requirements
- Develop close partnerships with IT and Facilities teams in defining project scope and success criteria
- Promote to other teams and establish yourself as a trusted partner
- Track budgets and prioritize ongoing projects and new projects
- Create AV wikis, AV architecture and design and translate that into AV operating procedure and standards
- Know how to work with vendors, important partners, and executives
- Push programs such as AV tech talks, AV blogs, AV pro tips, AV comms
- Mentor other team members
- 8+ years of experience in AV system design and development
- Experience working in a distributed team environment
- A track record in planning and delivering AV solutions in a scaling organization
- You have deep knowledge around collaboration spaces, conference room technology, live event production, and video and collaboration platforms
- Experience in managing technology life cycle from conception to deployment in a global enterprise environment
- Developed 3 and 5 year roadmaps around AV solutions
- Experience creating programs around AV communication and training programs
- Experience proposing projects and status to executive leadership
- Experience designing around datacenter, hybrid cloud, and cloud for AV and broadcast solutions
- Experience with AV system design, system configuration, and mockup/prototyping of concepts
- Experience with construction projects including AV, acoustical and lighting specific facility impacts (HVAC coordination, lighting, environmental control, room acoustics )
- Experience writing software or design software architecture to automate AV systems and integrate with other facility IT systems
- Experience with broadcast systems; lighting control, audio consoles and routing distribution, video control and switching
- Audio DSP programming experience (Q-Sys, BiAmp)
- Experience with Crestron XIO, Fusion, VC4
- Knowledge of networking hardware, network protocols, IoT, streaming protocols, video codecs, Dante
- AutoCAD or other design software proficiency.
- Excellent messaging skills
- Experience with Slack, JIRA, G-Suite, Google Meet, Zoom would be a bonus
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $184,100 - USD $225,000
Zone B: USD $174,900 - USD $213,700
Zone C: USD $165,700 - USD $202,500
Zone D: USD $156,400 - USD $191,200
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
US and Canada EEOC Statement
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.