Corporate Communications and Policy Associate, Canada
Our Global Corporate Communications and Policy teams are made up of tough, creative and curious people. We communicate with the world Block’s purpose of economic empowerment and the need for our businesses to create tools to help expand access for our diverse audiences of sellers, individuals, artists, fans and, developers.
We are looking for an extraordinary corporate affairs associate. Reporting to the Head of Corporate Communications and Policy in Canada, you will work with teams across Block to communicate a full range of corporate programs and advocate for legislation and regulation to help Block deliver equitable economic opportunities.
You’ll help engage with media, policymakers, government partners and third-party community groups. You will track media narratives, legislative and regulatory developments and build relationships to ensure Block’s purpose of economic empowerment is well represented across a broad range of earned media and policy areas. This role is located in Canada.
- Work with the Head of Corporate Communications and Policy in Canada to develop new and better ways to build audience awareness of Block’s programs.
- Maintain government, community organizations and media relationships, including national business, financial, and technology press, on behalf of our building blocks.
- Develop written materials, including company messaging and statements, press releases, plans, FAQs, and other collateral.
- Collaborate with teams across Block, including legal, people, finance, investor relations, and corporate development teams, and partners within Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL and TBD.
- Gain experience engaging with external agencies.
- 3+ years’ experience in corporate affairs, at a PR or GR agency or in-house.
- Previous experience with a technology company or a publicly-traded company.
- Existing relationships with media, government or community organizations in Canada, and skills collaborating with external partners.
- Excellent writing and editing skills. Experience summarizing complex concepts to create messages that are simple and tailored to multiple audiences.
- Experience multi-tasking across a variety of projects.
- A belief that work can be and is fun.
US and Canada EEOC Statement
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.