Compliance Analyst-Audit and Exam
Block is one company built from many blocks, all united by the same purpose of economic empowerment. The blocks that form our foundational teams — People, Finance, Counsel, Hardware, Information Security, Platform Infrastructure Engineering, and more — provide support and guidance at the corporate level. They work across business groups and around the globe, spanning time zones and disciplines to develop inclusive People policies, forecast finances, give legal counsel, safeguard systems, nurture new initiatives, and more. Every challenge creates possibilities, and we need different perspectives to see them all. Bring yours to Block.
As a member of the Global Policy & Governance (GPG) team, you will support Block in building and enhancing its Compliance Risk Management Program. GPG provides comprehensive management of compliance risk assessments, customer risk programs, issue management, regulatory examinations, and audits for Block and its businesses across all markets.
The Exam and Audit Management (EXAM) team is part of GPG and the team has responsibility for the annual Exam and AML Audit plan, in addition to the daily coordination and management of third-party and regulatory audits focused on Block’s AML Compliance Management Programs. The Exam and Audit Management function is a global function in which you will partner with Compliance, Legal, and Business functions.
Within the EXAM team you will be responsible for daily coordination and management of relevant third-party engagements and regulatory audits. In particular, you will work with external parties, such as auditors/consultants and other internal legal and exam teams to coordinate information processes and support these third parties in the conduct of their required audit work. You will also coordinate the development of management responses and finalization of audit reports, ensuring that issues identified through the exam and audit process are captured as part of Block’s Issues Management Program.
- Coordinate varying engagements daily i.e. incoming requests and outgoing responses for Compliance-related audits, examination, and independent assessment activities (pre, during and post)
- Work with partners to maintain content required to be presented to auditors and examiners
- Monitor and report on Audit and Exam statuses, pipeline and plans
- Present updates on audit/exam progress to management and contribute to governance reporting processes
- Critically analyze findings, coordinate management action plans, and support in the finalization of reports
- Maintain accurate status and provide updates to promote transparency of open issues, including tracking and aging
- Be available to support other teams within GPG to undertake work on a prioritized basis
- 4-year undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum three years of work experience in a project management-based role
- 3+ years of experience in compliance risk management in a regulated financial services environment
- Knowledge of applied risk management/auditing concepts
- Experience in at least one of the following subject-matter areas: BSA/AML/sanctions, consumer lending, consumer protection, or payments
- A desire to cultivate creative solutions for partners
- An interest in collaborating with team members of all levels, and in partnering across multiple lines of business including senior management
- The desire to guide impact both resourcefully and methodically to create solutions
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.