Sales Development Representative
So we expanded into software and started building integrated, omnichannel solutions – to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, offer buy now, pay later functionality through Afterpay, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. Across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow in one place. Afterpay furthers our goal to provide omnichannel tools that unlock meaningful value and growth, enabling sellers to capture the next generation shopper, increase order sizes, and compete at a larger scale.
Today, we are a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex operations, sellers just starting, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers grow, so do our solutions. There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a significant, meaningful, and lasting business, and we are helping sellers worldwide do the same.
Square is looking for enthusiastic, motivated professionals with sound business insight and natural sales instincts to join, and help build, our Sales Development organization. You will be a brand ambassador for Square, identifying and qualifying prospective inbound sellers while promoting the value of Square for their business.
As a successful Sales Development Representative reporting into the Director Global Lead Generation, you understand the diverse needs of merchants of all shapes and sizes. You will efficiently manage a high volume of inbound prospects with your strong process focused approach to work. You will ask thoughtful questions to quickly build trust and understand the specific pains and goals of each individual seller, and uncover how Square's ecosystem of products can help. You will use your product expertise to drive urgency in next steps and seamlessly introduce qualified sellers to our Account Executive team. You are passionate about helping businesses succeed and are enthusiastic about growing your career in sales.
- Manage a diverse pipeline of marketing-driven inbound businesses and prioritize outreach to accelerate sales cycles
- Reach out to businesses in your pipeline at scale through calls and emails to maximize successful connections
- Drive urgency through a solutions based sales approach, quickly qualifying a fit for Square, identifying challenges with businesses, and connecting them with our account executive team
- Learn to sell in a collaborative, innovative, fast-paced environment
- Understand the diverse needs of businesses of all shapes and sizes and how Square
- Gain experience working with our Sales, Marketing, Customer Success and Partnerships teams
- Be a brand ambassador for Square and create a fantastic first impression with our sellers
- A desire to grow your career in sales
- A growth mindset, keen to be coached and developed within the role
- Personal leadership, authenticity, a team first mentality, energy richness, curiosity
- Enthusiasm for developing sales skills through over the phone selling
- A process driven mindset and comfort operating in a fast-paced, changing environment
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.