Senior Marketing Strategy and Operations Manager, Canada
- Alternate Location: Kitchener, Canada
To solve this problem, we expanded into software and built integrated solutions to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. Across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow in one place. Afterpay furthers our goal to provide omnichannel tools that unlock meaningful value and growth, enabling sellers to capture the next generation shopper, increase order sizes, and compete at a larger scale.
Today, we are a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex operations, sellers just starting, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers grow, so do our solutions. There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a significant, meaningful, and lasting business, and we are helping sellers worldwide do the same.
We are looking for an experienced strategy, planning, and operations leader to play a critical role in our Marketing and Go-to-Market efforts in Canada. Based in Canada and reporting into the Head of Global Marketing Strategy, this is an exciting role in which you will lead the marketing strategy across our business in the Canadian market. In this pivotal role, you will work with the wider marketing and Square leadership teams to make sure our strategy drives impactful, sustainable growth.
You will partner closely with functional leaders across our marketing competencies, including Integrated Marketing, Performance & Growth, and Content/Web/Organic, to develop a shared set of priorities, growth strategy and operational plan. You will also be a liaison between marketing and the wider Canada go-to-market functions, such as Sales and Product Marketing, ensuring our strategy is coordinated and cohesive. Finally, you will work with the Finance & Strategy team in the development of investment strategies and marketing-driven targets and measurement.
- Develop the Marketing strategy and vision for the Canada market, in collaboration with the local marketing team and cross-functional stakeholders.
- Ensure the country-level marketing strategy is aligned with our global approach, whilst adapting to local market nuances, and is cohesive across channels and functions.
- Partner with the finance team to support marketing leadership across important areas, including investment decisions, forecasting, resourcing and analysis
- Work with finance & strategy team and data analytics to identify growth levers and opportunities to make Square win in the short-term and long term
- Be the lead resource for Square leadership on overall marketing strategy and market performance in Canada.
- Partner closely with the wider Canada go-to-market team, including; Product Marketing, Partnerships and Sales, and provide market context and expertise to support individual and collective work streams and goals.
- Lead the annual marketing planning process for the Canada markets, facilitating input from local marketing and financial leadership to create a cohesive annual plan, that is backed by data and includes an investment budget and financial targets.
- Lead other ongoing and ad hoc marketing planning processes to ensure investments and activities are aligned with our priorities and broader GTM strategy
- Help facilitate the allocation of marketing budget, including forecasting and any adjustments between local marketing channels.
- Play an important role in our ongoing performance reporting by partnering with your local Marketing Insights team to integrate performance data and insight into a cohesive story
- Present important market updates and findings to Square marketing leadership team
- Partner with the Global SPO Marketing team to ensure best practice and alignment on processes and work streams
- 10+ years experience in marketing strategy and/or go-to-market strategy for a top tier strategy consulting firm and/or sophisticated strategy/planning/ops practice at a technology, media or consumer company
- 5+ years of strategy, planning, and budget management experience
- A Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, or another relevant field
- Understand several strategic frameworks
- Experience engaging team members at all levels to deliver projects
- Strategic experience working across the Canada market
- A broad understanding of the strategies, goals, and evaluation methodologies for both growth and brand/awareness marketing
- Experience working with global teams; experience working within a high growth tech or FinTech firm (preferable)
- Understanding of payments industry trend or, experience within a payment facilitator, regulated payment or electronic money institution (preferable)
US and Canada EEOC Statement
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.