Associate Creative Director, Performance Creative
Since we opened our doors in 2009, the world of commerce has evolved immensely, and so has Square. After enabling anyone to take payments and never miss a sale, we saw sellers stymied by disparate, outmoded products and tools that wouldn’t work together.
To solve this problem, we expanded into software and built integrated solutions to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. Across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow in one place. Afterpay furthers our goal to provide omnichannel tools that unlock meaningful value and growth, enabling sellers to capture the next generation shopper, increase order sizes, and compete at a larger scale.
Today, we are a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex operations, sellers just starting, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers grow, so do our solutions. There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a significant, meaningful, and lasting business, and we are helping sellers worldwide do the same.
The Associate Creative Director for Global Performance Creative is a creative leadership position responsible for the creative oversight of all creative assets across all media (video, digital, print) on behalf of Square’s high-speed, high-volume Performance Marketing program, across all locales and languages. Channels include high-volume, iterative paid social video, OTT streaming spots, campaign landing pages, paid animated banner ads, and print work including direct mail. Current work includes custom live action, lifestyle and testimonial, and 3d animation.
Sitting on the Global Marketing team and reporting to the Global Head of Performance Creative, you will partner with the team's Program Manager to bolster an environment that promotes collaboration, creative input, and transparency. You will support increased operational efficiency while developing creative campaigns that respond to testing, grow the business, and promote the brand. You will bring your experience in Performance Marketing to provide your strategic creative perspective, including examining our work against our competitors and offering creative solutions to scale our work.
Core work will include designing against briefs, and partnering with the team’s Motion Design and Production Design leads to create strategically motivated creative. It will also include partnering with the Head of Performance Creative and the program's Program Manager to represent the work and creative point of view to strategists and marketers across the team and support the informed response to the data that drives this part of the business.
***Resumes without portfolios will not be considered***
- Be the both a creative lead for the team and a hands-on designer to bring creative concepts to life
- Develop scalable creative concepts, design systems, and templates to test and optimize
- Help create channel-specific product stories that increase acquisition of new customers for Square
- Oversee art direction and brand voice for program and provided strategic POV
- Lead and influence copy and design
- Provide creative guidance for live action production inclusive of: vendor selection, casting, locations, and wardrobe
- Be an important partner in the bi-annual audit of all design systems for demand generation creative
- Partner with program’s director and program manager to react to yearly marketing goals and advise planning and creative resource management
- Meet with team members to discuss important learnings from testing, leverage those insights, and ideate around new ways to expand the creative while following brands guidelines
- 7+ years of relevant experience, including Performance Marketing
- A portfolio that shows experience with Performance Creative
- Experience pushing a brand forward with fresh, evolving, creative ideas
- Create and define design and motion guidelines
- Experience developing treatments and storyboards for video projects
- Understand performance-based marketing strategies and lower funnel creative programs
- Familiarity with new and traditional brand channels
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $167,300 - USD $204,500
Zone B: USD $155,600 - USD $190,200
Zone C: USD $147,200 - USD $180,000
Zone D: USD $138,900 - USD $169,700
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.