Financial Crimes Governance Program Manager
We are looking for a Financial Crimes Governance Program Manager to join Block and support our Global Financial Crimes program for Block's Cash Business. You will emphasize timely and accurate collection, review, and response to examination inquiries, management of action plans, and composition of examination response packages. Specific requirements include the ability to represent the department at kick off and examination status meetings, facilitate completion of tasks by partners who experience competing priorities, and experience managing several tasks with competing deliverable dates simultaneously.
You will work with Financial Crimes Compliance Leads and subject matter experts and liaisons to coordinate a consolidated response to examination inquiries while assessing and escalating risk. You have a demonstrated history of excellent regulatory knowledge, and program management skills. You have experience creating organizational clarity in environments where the pathway to success is uncharted and the goals are competing and complex.
- Work with operations and compliance leads to support administration of the Financial Crimes compliance program
- Implement logistical solutions required to create and facilitate a comprehensive examination response structure, including management of inquiries, artifact collection and retention, tracking response review and submission, and maintaining a comprehensive department examination inquiry reporting regimen
- Collect and package examination artifacts in response to audit or exam requests
- Lead from behind to achieve buy-in, task completion, and review to facilitate timely actions
- Maintain an understanding of Cash App products and features and applicable domestic and international compliance requirements
- Stay informed of regulatory developments, industry trends and Block product road maps to ensure the training program(s) are up-to-date
- 4+ years of a project / program manager experience supporting compliance operations teams with a financial services firm
- Excellent presentation, verbal, and written communication skills
- Experience facilitating and holding divergent conversations with senior management
- Knowledge of examination process and response urgency
- Knowledge in Bank Secrecy Act / Anti-Money Laundering (BSA/AML), OFAC, FINRA, regulations, risks and typologies
- Experience recognizing risk or issues and escalating them to the appropriate partners
- Relevant industry certification, such as PPM, CAMS, CFCS, CRCM
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $103,900 - USD $126,900
Zone B: USD $96,600 - USD $118,000
Zone C: USD $88,300 - USD $107,900
Zone D: USD $77,900 - USD $95,300
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.