Product Manager, GTM Technology
Since we first opened our doors in 2009, the world of commerce has evolved immensely – and so has Square. After enabling anyone to take a payment and never miss a sale, we saw sellers stymied by disparate, outmoded products and tools that wouldn’t work together. So we expanded into software and started building integrated, omnichannel solutions – to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, run a busy kitchen, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. And across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow all in one place.
Today, we’re a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex commerce operations, sellers just starting out, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. Whether it’s the food truck that’s establishing a brick & mortar restaurant, the former sole proprietor adding her first employees, or the entrepreneur expanding from one location to ten, as our sellers scale, so do our solutions. We all grow together.
The Seller Experience organization enables and measures the unified customer journey, intelligently empowering customers through Square's ecosystem of products. The Seller Connections Intelligence (SCI) team is an important part of Seller Experience with a focus on improving the efficiency and effectiveness of the Sales and Account Management organizations by building scalable solutions that integrate with supporting systems and digital products. The team is in the process of designing and building an integrated technology platform to orchestrate Sales workflows. In addition, the team also operates and incrementally improves a state-of-the-art in-house solution to support Account Management. The SCI team has made an enormous impact on the Sales & Account Management (SAM) team and leads the way to transform Square’s Go-to-Market (GTM) motions.
You will partner with accomplished software engineering, data engineering, analytics and CRM teams to ensure that our products meet customer requirements and accelerate Square's growth. Your customers consist of teams across a majority of Square Sales and Account Management organizations. You will need experience building technology platforms to determine areas of opportunity and a product mindset, great execution, and excellent partner management to solve the most complex user needs. You will learn from Square product leaders who will support your growth in product management.
- Conduct market research, competitive analysis, and technical due diligence to construct the platform product roadmaps for Sales and Account Management
- Collaborate with stakeholders from Sales, Account Management, Operations, and other departments to understand business needs and identify opportunities for technology platforms to improve efficiency, productivity, and customer satisfaction
- Develop and maintain a product roadmap for technology platforms, prioritizing features based on business value, technical feasibility, and user feedback
- Define product requirements and user stories, working closely with cross-functional teams of designers, engineers, and business analysts to ensure successful delivery of new features and functionality that meet customer needs
- Partner with diverse technical teams including software engineering, data engineering, machine learning, CRM developers, and data science to develop seamlessly integrated solutions spanning first and third party assets that collectively provide a cohesive end-user experience
- Communicate product vision, strategy, and progress to stakeholders and partners and solicit feedback to ensure alignment and buy-in.
- Monitor and analyze usage data to identify opportunities for improvement and growth, and use data to inform product decisions and optimizations that drive business growth
- Support stakeholder teams in using technology effectively, and work with them to define and track key performance metrics for the platforms
- Foster an environment that enables the Square engineering team to build quickly while maintaining a high standard for quality
- Product sense: You have experience shaping product direction and execution based on customer needs.
- Customer Empathy: You can empathize with customers and envision solutions to solve their pain points.
- Passion: You are excited to build customer-focused data products.
- Technical: You have knowledge of modern data architecture and best practices. You have experience developing, testing, and deploying platforms and technical solutions that use external platforms, cloud services, and APIs.
- Collaborative: You have experience working directly with other teams, customers, and vendors.
- Communicative: You can write and present with brevity and clarity.
- Creative: You can break down open-ended and ambiguous problems.
- Experience: 2-3 years in product management or software engineering.
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $152,100 - USD $185,900
Zone B: USD $144,500 - USD $176,700
Zone C: USD $136,900 - USD $167,300
Zone D: USD $129,300 - USD $158,100
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
US and Canada EEOC Statement
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.