Lead Corporate Security Engineer
The Corporate Security team at Block is responsible for enabling foundational teams such as Finance, Business Systems, IT, Legal, People, and Communications to execute on their initiatives without compromising security. We do this by operating Block’s enterprise identity platforms, security solutions, and providing architectural guidance to our partner teams to help them build secure services.
- Work directly with foundational teams to secure Block’s SaaS / IaaS / PaaS systems
- Establish and maintain workforce identity capabilities, including single sign-on and MFA (we use Okta)
- Assist in the development of security policies, requirements, and guidelines to address corporate risk
- Perform threat modeling exercises with business partners to identify and remediate risks in corporate systems
- Provide architecture guidance to influence secure designs and roadmaps for effective risk management
- Build, develop and maintain new security solutions
You should have:
- Experience with security engineering across a broad range of security domain areas including identity and access management, network security, endpoint security and PKI
- Proficiency in at least one programming or scripting language (Python, Bash, Powershell, Golang, Java etc)
- Strong collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Experience mentoring or leading a team of engineers
Ideal candidate would have:
- Experience working in a remote and distributed team environment
- Curiosity and interest in learning new technologies
- Previous experience with enterprise SaaS tools (Google Workspace, Microsoft 365, Workday, Salesforce etc)
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.