Sourcing & Operations Manager, AUS
Join a movement in which everyone can win. We started a movement in which everyone can win – shoppers, retailers, society and every person on our team. To play fair, trust people and reward them for doing the right thing. We see and feel the impact of our work as more and more people gain financial freedom and retailers grow across the globe.
Founded five years ago in Sydney, Australia, Afterpay has over 11 million active customers globally and more than 64,000 of the world’s best retailers around the world including Anthropologie, Revolve, DSW, GOAT, Finish Line, Levi’s, Mac Cosmetics, Ray-Ban and many others. Afterpay is on a mission to power an economy in which everyone wins.
Afterpay is completely free for customers who pay on time – helping people spend responsibly without incurring interest, fees or extended debt. Afterpay empowers customers to access the things they want and need, while still allowing them to maintain financial wellness and control, by splitting payments in four, for both online and in-store purchases. Afterpay is deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers. We are focused on supporting our community of shoppers.
We trust in the next generation and share a vision of a more accessible and sustainable world in which people are rewarded for doing the right thing.
The role will be responsible for proactively managing, developing, and executing category and vendor strategies for the Afterpay supplier portfolio. In addition to global sourcing, you will be responsible for managing S2P logistics for the APAC region. You should have strong communication and analytical skills and a proven ability to manage highly complex contracts and negotiations. You will model teamwork and have at least 7 years of global team collaboration skills. The ability to build relationships with business partners across the organization to ensure understanding of goals and priorities is a core requirement in this role. You must demonstrate collaboration internally and externally, have a passionate focus on success, and commitment to continuous improvement. You will report to the Global Procurement Lead.
- Support AUS Afterpay efforts through:
- Heavy focus on sourcing (via best class sourcing methodologies)
- Contract negotiation
- Risk mitigation strategy
- Ongoing management and performance of vendor relationships
- Collaborate with US Global Sourcing team to ensure seamless operations for both Sourcing and Purchasing
- Ensure smooth performance of daily operations, allowing for Stakeholders to concentrate on more progressive activities
- Oversee complex, Afterpay and Block-wide supplier relations, developing solutions to new problems and using your foresight to anticipate future trends and issues
- Establish partnerships with important business partners aimed at identifying, understanding and fulfilling their requirements
- Lead a network of other authorities, building cross-functional agreement
- Develop selection/negotiation criteria, establish purchasing goals, coordinate resources, and provide category leadership following long-term buying goals
- Collaborate with business partners to lead contract negotiation with suppliers; develop negotiation approaches, fallback positions and acceptable terms and conditions through contract completion and identify important benchmarks to measure contractual arrangements
- Identify and realize cost-saving and cost-reduction opportunities and build a culture of long-term savings on procurement costs without compromising supply assurance or quality
- Assist to establish vendor life-cycle strategy to oversee planning, sourcing and selection of new vendors, manage data for vendor performance and manage vendor off-boarding and transition
- Support new technologies to optimize performance and transparency to AUS business partners
- Support other ad hoc projects
- Minimum of 7 years of strategic procurement; in a high-growth, global technology environment preferred
- At least 5 years in a global Sourcing position
- Ability to project manage, demonstrate project status, key actions, risks and opportunities
- Ability to navigate in unstructured environments while garnering trust with internal customers.
- Experience proactively resolving performance issues with assigned suppliers to ensure resolution
- Experience leveraging technology and financial systems to extract and analyze data
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university preferably in Procurement, Business Administration, Finance, Technology or related field.
- MBA/advanced technical degree is preferred
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.