Senior Lead, Third Party Data Strategy & Governance
- Alternate Location: New York, United States
Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, and grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult and expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards. Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a mobile phone into a credit card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware and software products including Square Capital, Square Terminal, Square Payroll, and more. We’re working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms—and we’re looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.
The Seller Experience organization enables and measures the unified customer journey, intelligently empowering customers through Square's ecosystem of products. The Seller Connections Intelligence (SCI) team is an important part of Seller Experience with a focus on improving the efficiency and effectiveness of the global Sales and Account Management organizations by building scalable solutions that integrate with supporting systems and digital products.
One of the SCI team’s primary mandates is leveraging external data sources to increase the efficacy of the outbound sales prospecting motion. As the Senior Lead, Third Party Data Strategy & Governance, you will be responsible for owning the global strategy for 3rd party data acquisition that enables outbound Sales prospecting in alignment with Square’s Ideal Customer Profile (ICP), market priority, and vertical-specific needs. You will also own the strategy for leveraging external data for the purpose of lead enrichment and identity resolution. In the course of your work, you will partner closely with teams spanning Sales, strategy, finance, CRM, engineering, and machine learning to optimize the application of sources in concert with organizational goals and existing data assets. You will be responsible for the end-to-end lifecycle of data acquisition from initial requirements-gathering through to contract renewal and ongoing quality control and maintenance.
- Own the strategy for the evaluation, acquisition, governance, and optimization of external data for new prospecting, lead enrichment, and identity resolution. There will be a particular focus on the use of third party vendors for outbound Sales use-cases.
- Govern the intake process for evaluation of new vendors including the evaluation framework, matching sample, criteria (e.g. field requirements), etc.
- Manage external data vendors in accordance with established policies, procedures, and KPIs. Establish new governance procedures where needed
- Ensure sufficient lead volume and qualityfor all business development teams globally including sufficient volume reserves for experimentation
- Drive execution with cross-functional technical teams including data infrastructure and data science to develop implementation roadmaps and strategy for integrating 3rd party assets into existing infrastructure and operations
- Collaborate with global Sales leaders and operational teams to document lead sourcing needs and build into overarching data strategy
- Coordinate the acquisition of data assets to feed into an internal deduplication framework
- Maintain a repository with documentation on all vendor relationships, including contracts, product information, file layouts, performance/KPIs information, account reviews, etc.
- Manage 1 direct report to conduct analyses, evaluate sources, and manage new and existing vendor relationships
- Experience: 7+ years of external partnership management (including data acquisition) in the go-to-market space
- Data-Driven Mindset: Demonstrated capability using data and analytics to drive decisions. Machine learning experience preferred.
- Strategic Mindset: You can craft optimized solution to cost-constrained, multi-layered problems
- Vendor Management: Extensive experience partnering directly with 3rd party vendors and engaging in complex contract negotiations
- Financial Discipline: Previous experience managing budgets
- Identity Resolution Experience: Familiarity with the core principles of Identity Resolution
- CRM Familiarity: Direct experience with Salesforce and 3rd party CRM integrations preferred
- Collaborative: Extensive cross-functional experience working with stakeholders across business units
- Communicative: Strong written and verbal communication skills
- People Management: Prior leadership experience preferred
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $167,300 - USD $204,500
Zone B: USD $158,900 - USD $194,300
Zone C: USD $150,600 - USD $184,000
Zone D: USD $142,200 - USD $173,800
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.