Head of Compliance, UK - Cash App
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees working globally across office and remote locations, with a culture geared toward innovation, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Cash App operates. No matter the location, we tailor our experience to ensure our employees are creative, productive, and happy.
Check out our locations, benefits, and more at cash.app/careers!
Cash App is seeking top talent based out of the United Kingdom to set strategic goals in ensuring we are fulfilling all regulatory and partnership obligations. You will manage multiple touch points including running daily operations and managing our relationships. Reporting to the global Compliance function and to local leadership, you will lead all compliance management activities relating to regulatory and money laundering / terrorist financing risk for the United Kingdom. You will direct all activities within the compliance team to include the oversight of all applicable compliance policies and programs, working with regulators, and provide strategic guidance on all programs. Additionally, you will lead an inquisitive, top performing team whose goal is to be the best in the industry.
This role must be based in the United Kingdom.
- Provide strategic insights, guidance, and decisions on compliance matters to protect our company, products, and our customers
- Develop policy and operation procedures reflecting business and regulatory requirements.
- Evaluate our processes to identify compliance risks and implement actions to address them.
- Build strategic, tactical and operational goals according to timelines and budget
- Oversee the daily operations of the local Compliance teams including hiring, training and managing staff and managing escalations
- Build and advocate for product compliance requirements
- Maintain and scale compliance programs
- Lead independent assessments related to Cash App's different compliance programs
- Represent the voice of compliance with important internal partners including senior and executive managers along with board of directors
- Be the primary compliance contact with all external partners and maintain partner relationships
- At least 10 years of proven and progressive experience in a senior compliance management role
- Knowledge in the Money Laundering Regulations 2017/19, The Proceeds of Crime Act 2002 and and the Crypto Asset Regime. Knowledge of the EU Money Laundering Directive and the USA Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) is useful.
- Experience working with products from a conceptual idea to a full public launch
- Tactical experience on how to manage independent audits and regulatory examinations
- Manage and strengthen compliance programs, even better if you have built one from step zero
- Experience with compliance in international markets outside of the United States.
- Knowledge on how to navigate the payments or financial technology space
- Knowledge and experience to analyze with convicting, thoughtful decisions
- A clear approach to build road maps and lead the strategic direction for the team
- A clear management philosophy to grow an organization in a fast-growing business
- Impeccable ethical standards
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.