Senior Finance Business Partner (Marketing)
Since we opened our doors in 2009, the world of commerce has evolved immensely, and so has Square. After enabling anyone to take payments and never miss a sale, we saw sellers stymied by disparate, outmoded products and tools that wouldn’t work together.
So we expanded into software and started building integrated, omnichannel solutions – to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, offer buy now, pay later functionality through Afterpay, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. Across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow in one place. Afterpay furthers our goal to provide omnichannel tools that unlock meaningful value and growth, enabling sellers to capture the next generation shopper, increase order sizes, and compete at a larger scale.
Today, we are a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex operations, sellers just starting, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers grow, so do our solutions. There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a significant, meaningful, and lasting business, and we are helping sellers worldwide do the same.
We are looking for a Finance & Strategy Partner to support our Global Marketing Team. This role can either be based in the UK or Ireland and will focus on supporting our business across Europe and the UK. You will report to our Finance & Strategy Marketing Lead based in the US. Finance & Strategy team members have an intimate understanding of Square's business. We gain this by using tools like Excel, SQL, and Looker to evaluate customer and financial trends, answer business questions with data-driven insights, and communicate relevant recommendations.
You will apply expertise of Square's business model to:
- Create analyses that encourage clear decision-making,
- Forecast performance, including all trends,
- Surface strategic insights for partners,
- Help inform Square's investment capacity
- Report results and communicate essential takeaways to senior team members, including identifying opportunities or risks
- Analyze data from SQL databases and collaborate across Marketing, Data Science, and Business Intelligence (among other teams) to understand complex relationships between key drivers of our business.
- Support strategic decisions and lead on projects for example on customer behavior analysis and economics, LTV / return on investment of marketing efforts, market/competitive landscape benchmarking, and other data-driven analysis
- Be the primary Finance Business Partner for the marketing teams within our International markets, collaborating across all levels and departments
- A minimum of 2 years post qualified experience focused on financial modeling and strategic finance
- A finance qualification or equivalent working experience within a strategic finance role
- Advanced proficiency in excel (can perform complex functions)
- Engage with team members of all levels
- Commitment to Square's purpose of Economic Empowerment
- Experience with SQL/comfort working with large datasets and creating data visualisations
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.