Design Program Manager, Commerce
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees working globally across office and remote locations, with a culture geared toward innovation, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Cash App operates. No matter the location, we tailor our experience to ensure our employees are creative, productive, and happy.
Check out our locations, benefits, and more at cash.app/careers.
At Cash App, Design Program Managers (DPMs) enable teams to thrive with operational excellence. DPMs manage people, programs, and processes to amplify the impact and effectiveness of the product design org to build quality products for our customers.
In this role, you will be responsible for driving forward a newly streamlined Commerce team, which includes product verticals across Payments, Shopping, Businesses on Cash App, Merchant Programs, and Afterpay (a company Block acquired in 2022).
We are looking for a senior-level DPM to focus on building frameworks to ensure the design team (writing, research, product design) is integrated and effective across multiple products. Reporting to the Head of Design Operations, this role will drive impact for the design team by implementing strong processes to support the day-to-day operations of the Commerce team. You are the glue between several important, innovative teams, as you partner closely with design leadership and cross-functional teams to build new solutions.
- Partner closely with Commerce design leadership to define, scope and track complex program priorities, set resourcing needs, and manage dependencies end-to-end
- Drive clarity and transparency; set and own the successful operating model for how the design, research, and writing work together within the Commerce team
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with your primary stakeholders; proactively assess and de-escalate risks; work closely with design team to problem solve
- Facilitate and drive progress of the design work working with a global distributed team; building best practices in global ways of working
- Manage team resources/budgets; partner with Head of Design Ops to on sharing working frameworks and models to drive larger org-wide adoption
- 7-10 years experience in tech/digital/agency program management/production; building consumer facing products with design, product, and engineering teams
- Effective, clear, and proactive communicator that can influence strong team culture and a global design community; experience working with global distributed teams
- Experience with building finance/commerce (BNPL, lending, payments, etc.) and platform products
- Experience working with design, prototyping, and project management tools (Figma, Jira, Notion, G Suite, etc.)
- Ability to self-direct and take initiative on multiple work streams; not afraid to get hands dirty, dive right into the work, set expectations, and work through ambiguity to bring calm and order
- West coast candidates only (CA, WA, OR, NV)
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $222,800 - USD $272,300
Zone B: USD $222,800 - USD $272,300
Zone C: USD $222,800 - USD $272,300
Zone D: USD $222,800 - USD $272,300
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.