Credit Risk Program Manager
To solve this problem, we expanded into software and built integrated solutions to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. Across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow in one place. Afterpay furthers our goal to provide omnichannel tools that unlock meaningful value and growth, enabling sellers to capture the next generation shopper, increase order sizes, and compete at a larger scale.
Today, we are a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex operations, sellers just starting, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers grow, so do our solutions. There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a significant, meaningful, and lasting business, and we are helping sellers worldwide do the same.
Square, Inc. is seeking a Credit Program Manager to join our Risk team. In this role, you will be responsible for documenting, monitoring, and improving our end-to-end process to manage chargeback risk for sellers using Square to accept credit card payments. Responsibilities will include creation of new operational policies to be leveraged by our Credit agents, ensuring adherence through learning and development and quality assurance, as well as evaluating and adapting our strategies to best serve the needs of our Sellers amidst the evolving Square ecosystem. You will demonstrate a high degree of empathy for the businesses and people we serve, and bring creativity and structured thinking towards our procedures while maintaining a positive seller experience.
- Serve as primary point of contact to manage Seller Complaints process
- Work closely with our Operations and Underwriting teams to identify and implement process improvement opportunities
- Help with execution and iterative improvement our quality assurance (QA) program to ensure proper actions are taken for all case reviews
- Utilize analytics to monitor process performance and support policy change
- Help develop and implement comprehensive business rules that effectively allow sellers to process at Square while balancing potential loss to Square
- Identify and resolve gaps in current operational processes and policies to mitigate operational errors
- Identify the key levers that have the greatest impact on operational efficiencies
- Lead and manage multiple projects simultaneously with competing priorities
- 3+ years experience in credit underwriting, project management, or operational roles, preferably in financial credit services
- Able to scope and execute key cross-functional initiatives
- Able to use data to identify problems, trends, and anomalies, as well as to make recommendations for new initiatives
- Excellent written, oral, and presentation skills and an ability to synthesize information and make clear, concise recommendations on a course of action
- A creative and eager mindset, with a bias towards action and finding solutions
- Experience with SQL and Looker a plus
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $85,900 - USD $104,900
Zone B: USD $79,800 - USD $97,600
Zone C: USD $73,000 - USD $89,200
Zone D: USD $64,400 - USD $78,800
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
US and Canada EEOC Statement
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.