Global Investigations Lead, Financial Crimes
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees working globally across office and remote locations, with a culture geared toward innovation, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Cash App operates. No matter the location, we tailor our experience to ensure our employees are creative, productive, and happy.
Check out our locations, benefits, and more at cash.app/careers.
As the Global Investigations Lead for Financial Crimes, you will manage an effective and efficient investigations and reporting program to identify suspicious activity on the Cash App platform. You will manage a global team of subject matter experts, track trends and risks, and use tools to assess and combat financial crimes. You will design and implement innovative measures for investigations, contribute to risk prevention and mitigation strategies, and identify tools and technologies to support your team’s workflows. You have experience in creating and managing highly effective programs that demonstrate compliance with all applicable laws and regulations in a dynamic financial services space. This is a high visibility role that requires cross-functional collaboration across the business with multiple partners including the Executive Leadership team. You will report to the Global Head of Financial Crimes.
- Oversee senior managers for the fiat and Bitcoin transaction monitoring and suspicious activity program including training, hiring, coaching and managing staff
- Work with other Compliance leads to guide strategic planning on team growth, organizational structure, focus areas, and quarterly goals
- Develop policies and procedures applicable to the team, including iterating on existing workflows to improve efficiency and effectiveness
- Work with other Compliance team members to develop technical specifications for tool enhancements or new tool build outs
- Provide guidance, insight and act as an escalation point for your team as they perform investigations and make recommendations for suspicious activity reports
- Manage SLAs and deadlines to meet KPIs, goals and internal benchmarks.
- Attend compliance-related seminars to stay up to date on the compliance industry
- Present to Compliance Senior Leadership and partners across the company to provide updates including case investigations
- Minimum 10 years in AML and/or Financial Crimes roles at a financial institution or related FinTech payments company
- Minimum 8 years people management experience
- Knowledge of global AML regulations, risks and typologies
- Experience executing and running a sound operational program managing large teams
- Knowledge of the current regulatory landscape and compliance requirements with an emphasis on applicable BSA/AML requirements
- Relevant industry certifications (CAMS, CFE, CFCS, CRCM)
- Experience with SQL or Snowflake
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $184,100 - USD $225,000
Zone B: USD $171,200 - USD $209,200
Zone C: USD $162,000 - USD $198,000
Zone D: USD $152,700 - USD $186,700
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
US and Canada EEOC Statement
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.