Global Product Marketing Lead, Square for Retail
- Alternate Location: New York, United States
So we expanded into software and started building integrated, omnichannel solutions – to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, offer buy now, pay later functionality through Afterpay, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. Across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow in one place. Afterpay furthers our goal to provide omnichannel tools that unlock meaningful value and growth, enabling sellers to capture the next generation shopper, increase order sizes, and compete at a larger scale.
Today, we are a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex operations, sellers just starting, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers grow, so do our solutions. There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a significant, meaningful, and lasting business, and we are helping sellers worldwide do the same.
We're looking for a Product Marketing Lead to help us grow the Square for Retail business globally. Reporting to the GM for Square for Retail, you will lead a team of 12 in designing and executing marketing strategies in all current markets, working to launch new markets, and collaborating closely with the product team to provide market insight and identify new opportunities. In addition, You will play a critical role in shaping Square’s audience strategy for retailers, inclusive of all products at Square.
You will lead your team with humility, inclusivity and empathy while working hand in hand with our dedicated Creative team on marketing execution, and our Central Marketing team on broader brand and ecosystem marketing initiatives. You will drive funnel growth for smaller businesses who self-onboard as well as larger businesses who onboard through Sales. You will inform product strategy, define our marketing and full-funnel growth strategies, and ensure the right customers are getting the right messages, through the right channels at the right time.
The ideal candidate is:
- A Strategic Thinker: You can identify and assess new opportunities for business growth, partner on product strategy, and weigh the complexities and tradeoffs inherent in marketing a global portfolio of products.
- A Marketing and Growth Expert: You have deep experience across a broad variety of marketing disciplines, delivering growth through organic, paid and lifecycle marketing programs.
- A Team Builder: You will build and inspire an outstanding product marketing team, and lead PMMs in developing go-to-market strategies across our products.
- A Collaborator: You are comfortable navigating a complex, matrixed organization to get work done, and are adept at building strong relationships across our company.
- An Innovation Driver: You are constantly motivating yourself and your team to take principled risks and to try creative ideas to achieve step-change growth.
- Oversee the growth of the Square for Retail solution (various mobile and web components), with responsibility for delivering on business metrics and revenue growth in both self-serve and sales-led channels
- Define the product growth and positioning strategy, and develop frameworks to guide the strategic positioning for our product in existing and new markets.
- Understand and embody the voice of our customers, and translate their needs into opportunities for product strategy.
- Manage a team of 12, made up of managers, IC product marketers, and specialists in growth marketing and sales enablement
- Establish a team vision, strategy, and operating principles, to ensure each PMM is set-up for success as they develop individual plans in support of the broader portfolio and business goals.
- Oversee the team's development of annual and quarterly plans that increase growth across the customer lifecycle, and ensure tactics are high-impact, high-quality and produce meaningful results or learning
- Build relationships throughout the company to help unify our narrative, amplify our strategy, and build more collaborative and efficient work processes
- Develop and iterate on processes that enable collaborative work and transparency within and across functions
- 12+ years of product marketing or related marketing experience in growth or other analytical role
- People management experience with an experience building out teams
- Previous background in B2C and B2B marketing with experience in consumer technologies, early stage startups, or high growth SaaS
- Extensive knowledge of email and paid marketing for both acquisition as well as lifecycle marketing
- Comfort in a face-paced, start-up environment
- Genuine interest and curiosity in helping small businesses (ideally Retail!) succeed
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $269,600 - USD $329,500
Zone B: USD $269,600 - USD $329,500
Zone C: USD $269,600 - USD $329,500
Zone D: USD $269,600 - USD $329,500
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.