Editorial Lead, Cash App Studios
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees working globally across office and remote locations, with a culture geared toward innovation, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Cash App operates. No matter the location, we tailor our experience to ensure our employees are creative, productive, and happy.
Check out our locations, benefits, and more at cash.app/careers.
We are seeking a strategic and creative Editorial Lead, Cash App Studios to build and scale the holistic approach to Cash App Studios from the ground up in New York City. You have a deep understanding of building editorial content strategy, identifying talent for original content, curating and producing assets, and planning cross-platform distribution. You will be responsible for driving distribution strategy across channels that drive unique engagement + CTAs and metrics we can analyze for long-term strategy. You will be responsible for curating original content programs that deliver on Cash App’s values and brand promise, build loyalty across audiences, and maximize reach and influence. You are expected to develop and drive the Cash App Studios program plans for Cash App audiences by bringing together editorial plans that support across the business — threading them into a coherent narrative; ensuring a steady drumbeat of compelling and high-quality content; identifying strategic opportunities across Cash App and cultural moments to amplify the audience and brand value of our programming. As part of the Lifestyle division, you will be charged with driving a brand halo effect for Cash App, while developing a thoughtful and strategic framework to identify how Cash App Studio evolves over time.
Working closely with the Crosby Retail Lead and the broader Lifestyle team, this role is a critical partner between brand and marketing teams.
- Build the overall strategy of the Cash App Studios program and what it should become over time
- Develop a framework for assessing and implementing content investment strategies that grow loyal audiences, Cash App brand awareness, and cultural equity
- Develop and manage the end-to-end program calendar across all Cash App Studios content streams, leveraging existing plan, cultural moments and audience data and analytics to maximize the value of programming
- Leverage opportunities to amplify plans from individual lines of business by programming to audiences across multiple platforms, where appropriate
- Define and track relevant KPIs and targets, aligned to relevant longer-term plans across the business
- Partner with the creative team to create editorial standards and copy guidelines across all editorial touch points, ensuring a consistent voice, tone, and level of quality
- Identify gaps and opportunities in content programming and work across the organization to develop strategies that deliver shared goals
- Support the development and adoption of new ways of working in the brand & marketing organization and Cash App more broadly
- Stay informed of the changing media landscape and anticipate potential risks and opportunities for the business and proactively develop solutions to how we approach content
- Develop Cash App Studios editorial policy and proactively implement a robust system of content optimization, internal controls and risk management processes to ensure compliance with Cash App company policies
- Partner closely with brand & marketing and communications teams to build support plans for top business priorities/initiatives
- Promote Cash App Studios and the content in third party meetings
- 8+ years in editorial, content strategy, strategic marketing or equivalent fields
- Strong leadership profile, ability to identify concerns, provide appropriate solutions
- Proven experience in working in a dynamic and ever changing business landscape
- Proven experience on having a pulse on cultural relevancy and zeitgeist
- Demonstrated ability to balance multiple priorities while maintaining clear communication and high detail orientation
- Strong relationship-building skills and experience working closely with cross-functional partners to influence and operationalize key strategic initiatives
- Ability to think strategically, define business opportunities, collect, interpret, and analyze abstract information and create strategic value-added solutions
- Demonstrated experience of cross-divisional partnership and collaboration to lead in a matrixed environment
- Proven ability to drive results through influence
- Successful fostering and working as part of a diverse and inclusive team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong budget management and operational skills
- Strong sense of urgency and excellent follow through
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $167,300 - USD $204,500
Zone B: USD $155,600 - USD $190,200
Zone C: USD $147,200 - USD $180,000
Zone D: USD $138,900 - USD $169,700
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
US and Canada EEOC Statement
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.